Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Battlefield: 1942

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm thining of getting this today, is there much on an online community or is it pretty much dead? I cannot find any games that have as many online players as Counter-Strike.

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    As many players as CS? Well, you obviously won't!

Buy BF Vietnam, its like 42 but better, and runs a darn sight smoother too. :thumb: Plus you can then download hte WW2 Mod off the EA Games website section. Sad thing is... No Desert Combat for BFV.

Make your choice:
    BF:1942 Plenty of groovy mods!
    BFV: Less Mods (Although, Point of Existence), runs smoother, with WW2 as well if you want the 1942 experience.

I do love BFV myself...

Although you'll never beat CS for player numbers, bet there are plenty of Battlefield servers for both games, its pretty popular!
  • Options
    I brought a new phone instead :D.
  • Options
    I brought a new phone instead :D.

Probably a better buy in the long run
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    As many players as CS? Well, you obviously won't!

Buy BF Vietnam, its like 42 but better, and runs a darn sight smoother too. :thumb: Plus you can then download hte WW2 Mod off the EA Games website section. Sad thing is... No Desert Combat for BFV.

Make your choice:
    BF:1942 Plenty of groovy mods!
    BFV: Less Mods (Although, Point of Existence), runs smoother, with WW2 as well if you want the 1942 experience.

I do love BFV myself...

Although you'll never beat CS for player numbers, bet there are plenty of Battlefield servers for both games, its pretty popular!

Battlefield vietnam is buggy though :/ it doesn't have the same playability / fun as bf: 1942.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Buggy? So's 1942... BFV has very few bugs in my experience, although the vehicle/bridge bugs can be fun.

What bugs you get then? I feel left out for having few :( Patch it if its bad. The patch adds some ace new maps and vehicles. Not least, the T-72!

I find BFV just as fun as 1942... its jsut in 'Nam, meaning more Napalm. Vietnam has cooler weapons.

BF 2 soon though! Type 98.