Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

help!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are the chances of being pregnant when having sex on the last days of your period if the condom broke and the withdrawal method was used?

Comments

• Options
    Withdrawal method.... always makes me tut like I'm 40 years old - IT'S A LOAD OF CRAP! You're still at risk of being pregnant due to the possibility of sperm in pre-cum; the chances are lower than full unprotected sex but go get a test to be safe.
  • Options
    it's not v likely but not impossible
  • Options
    What are the chances of being pregnant when having sex on the last days of your period if the condom broke and the withdrawal method was used?

They are just as high as on any other day when your condom breaks.
  • Options
    I've already used the morning pill not too long ago. I have been taking precautions: using a condom, and using the pull out method. I mean, the risk would be greater since the condom broke and didn't use the pull out method, correct?

Am I at greater risk since I had sexual intercourse on the last couple of days of my period? I haven't ovulated yet... because that is to take place in the middle of your cycle, so, I don't have an egg, so it's too soon isn't it?
  • Options

depends how effective the withdrawal was?
    if no cum was ejaculated inside you... you're 100% safe.
    taking the MAP is the way of making sure you're not pregnant.
  • Options
    I've already used the morning pill not too long ago. I have been taking precautions: using a condom, and using the pull out method. I mean, the risk would be greater since the condom broke and didn't use the pull out method, correct?

Am I at greater risk since I had sexual intercourse on the last couple of days of my period? I haven't ovulated yet... because that is to take place in the middle of your cycle, so, I don't have an egg, so it's too soon isn't it?

No, you can get pregnant at any time.
  • Options
    I've already used the morning pill not too long ago.

I can't get it out of my head that when you say you used it 'not too long ago' that you meant 2 months ago or something and think it still counts.
  • Options
    What makes me laugh is that they call it the withdrawal METHOD! No no no! That makes it sound FAR to reliable and sensible! Its real name is:

withdrawshutyoureyesandpraybutgobuyababyseatjustincase
  • Options
    the MAP is about 80% effective.
    that - combined with the withdrawal.
    combined with the fact she is at the end of her period.

makes a pregnancy very unlikely.
    yes, there will always be the odd one that defies stats.

and stop getting so defensive poisonfairy.
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    that - combined with the withdrawal.

but really, this doesn't help does it? sure, it might make the chances less likely, but not not likely.
  • Options
    According to my boyfriend, he said the condom broke when he ejaculated, it hadn't broke when the precum was released. And when he ejaculated, he had pulled out.

Concerning the MAP, I'm hoping the MAP dosen't lose it's efficienty, because I had to use it last month....

We have been trying to use contreceptives, however, like with the condom, it didn't work to our advantage.
  • Options
    According to my boyfriend

You have to trust your boyfriend when you're entering into a sexual relationship with him but do you really want to risk pregnancy on what someone else says? Be safe and check for yourself, if only for peace of mind.
  • Options
    MAP shouldnt used more than three times a year - i think.
    you are doing good by using condoms but have you thought about going on the pill/injection/implant/patch to cover you if they break? it would reduce your chances a hell of alot more than the MAP,which i still got pregnant on despite taking it only 9hours later.
    you would have more peace of mind too.
  • Options
    twasn't what i was told by my doctor - i know its not intended to be used as contraception. i was also told at my post-abortion conselling at fpc that the bigwigs are finding that the longer its available the more it is failing compared to the effectiveness they originally thought.
  • Options
    fact is though, anyone who is needing it more than three times a year needs to think about what they are doing wrong and another option.