Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

trust issues?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel like my boyfriend doesn't trust me.
He tells me he does and he doesn't mind if I go out with my friends.
It just seems to be a different story when he's there. He accuses me of flirting with just about any boy that I talk to. I have absolutely no intention of cheating on him or chatting up any other men. I'm just being friendly and chatty, that's me, I can't change the way that I act to suit him.

So far he's accused me of flirting with:
- my ex boyfriend who was going out with my mate at the time
- a friend that i used to work with (and he used to work with at a different time)
- his friend who he'd only just introduced me to

Every time he has been there when he's accused me of this.

I feel that he really does have some trust issues. These allgations have always come about when drink has been involved (on nights out with friends) and I guess that's when most people's insecurities come out.

It's just really getting me down and it's starting to cause arguments every time we go out and get into this situation. I'm only nice and friendly because I like these people (as friends) and I want them to like me (in exactly the same way). How on earth can I reassure him that that is all that I'm doing...just being friendly?

Comments

• Options
    Don't make it complicated. Just say something like, "I'm with you for a reason, and I just happen to be a talkative person." If he cannot handle it, and remains distrustful, then go out with friends separately. Don't be around him when he's drinking. It's his job to trust you. Explain things, and leave it at that. He either believes it or he doesn't.
  • Options
    :heart: the next time u and him go out with your friends ~ before u leave ask him why he loves u? ~ if he doesnt say anything about ur personality ~say something to him about ~ did me being so friendly with u before we started going out bother u at all? ~ if he says no then ask him why it matters now because u would never cheat on him and that he really needs to start trusting you because your personality is your personality and if ur guy dont get that u need to find a guy that does. ~ it sounds like ur man has some growing up to do if u ask me :heart: