Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

world order..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've heard this phrase quite alot,and have spoken to people who think it would be a good idea,to have one government controlling the world.
on the one hand,i can see the advantages,but on the other,it scares the shit out of me!....because the u.s.a would be quick to volunteer for the job. :no:
who thinks its a good idea?....

Comments

• Options
    i doubt the US would ever volunteer, more just take it

wouldnt the UN be a good example, if it had more power?
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    i doubt the US would ever volunteer, more just take it

wouldnt the UN be a good example, if it had more power?
    thats the sort of thing i had in mind,yes....representatives from every country.
  • Options
    A much better idea is to have no governments at all.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    A much better idea is to have no governments at all.
    how would that work?
  • Options
    human nature dictates that someone will always want power, and to some degree some form of governance will happen somewhere in the world, no matter what

so yo ucant have a world without governments at all,and even if you did, chaos would ensue
  • Options
    read the works of nietzche, it'll explain everything about human nature
  • Options
    there was a book by montesquieu in the durham wetherspoons today

cept the bugger was in french
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    so yo ucant have a world without governments at all,and even if you did, chaos would ensue

then why is the U.S government a lot more powerful and influential than say the Bolivian or any other country for that matter...one government for everyone where every country has a say in the worlds affairs is an enviable and ultimately idealistic one...it'll never happen, the ideas of nationalism, culturalism, heritage, power, greed will always corrupt the minds of a few who are more interested in their lives and luxury than the wlefare of our own species, humans, sickens me...so much for liberty and freedom etc etc...*waits for some stupid response from rich kid or someone like that who'll argue why america is great...*
  • Options
    When was the last time you needed a service that HAS to be provided by the government during your day to day life?

It depends what you mean by government...if you mean a group of men and women who help you protect you rights when you want, and leave you alone when you don't need them, then fine. If you mean a group of men and women who give you instructions about what to do with your life, and how to behave in your own home...and expect you to pay for it....then no thanks.

"Human nature" leads to people always wanting power....sounds like a good reason to not let anyone have it to me.

Also "human nature" is a bit of a generalisation, don't you think?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    When was the last time you needed a service that HAS to be provided by the government during your day to day life?

has to be - probably never. For example, we could hire mercenaries for defence of the country. Someone burgles my house I could round up a posse of my neighbours and hunt them down. I could walk down a darkened street popping 10p coins into the lamps which would just give me light as I passed.

When was the last time I needed a service I want to be provided by the government? virtually every day of my life, even if a lot of the time I don't notice it.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

It depends what you mean by government...if you mean a group of men and women who help you protect you rights when you want, and leave you alone when you don't need them, then fine. If you mean a group of men and women who give you instructions about what to do with your life, and how to behave in your own home...and expect you to pay for it....then no thanks.

"Human nature" leads to people always wanting power....sounds like a good reason to not let anyone have it to me.

ok,give us your world order government...
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

no, i know you might have this neo-modern outlook on humans and philosophy and dismiss the fact that there is a human nature, i'll disagree, humans are different because of personal choice, not by their design, not sure what this design is but there is a human nature, certain of it...
  • Options
    human nature is real,and scary!.....a world with no government,would be a nightmare.
    we can disagree with policy,and actions,but would you like a country with no police force or hospitals?..no!
  • Options
    "no, i know you might have this neo-modern outlook on humans and philosophy and dismiss the fact that there is a human nature, i'll disagree, humans are different because of personal choice, not by their design, not sure what this design is but there is a human nature, certain of it..."

It's more common sense....the humans who cut themselves open for their liege lord in feudal japan...the ancient britons who passed wealth from mother to daughter, not father to son...the big fat guy who stuffs himself and the anorexic all share the same nature....like WTF??

NQA, thanks for confirming that you don't need a government. you seem to think that the job of the police is summary vengence and that street lights cannot be centrally powered and owned privately at the same time.

Other "countries" have health services that aren't run by the government.
  • Options
    can you provide any evidence of that?
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    It's more common sense....the humans who cut themselves open for their liege lord in feudal japan...the ancient britons who passed wealth from mother to daughter, not father to son...the big fat guy who stuffs himself and the anorexic all share the same nature....like WTF??

those actions are merely as a result of passion, impulse thats the nature, the results are different but the reasons behind it are the same, all humans are passionate, we all have opinons, different or not we share the same nature...we're inquisitive beings, thats natural to all humans...
  • Options
    NQA, thanks for confirming that you don't need a government. you seem to think that the job of the police is summary vengence and that street lights cannot be centrally powered and owned privately at the same time.

Quiote happy to agree you don't 'need' a Government in the same way I 'need' food or water. But the world's a better place for having them

Name one civilised country where there is no Government 'interference' in the health service and if you suggest the US is totally private I'm going to come down your internet line and slap you for stupidity...
  • Options
    How is the UN democratic or accountable?

It sometimes scares me how much faith people have in it.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:

Love the way that you use other nations as an example to support your argument, when you don't even believe they exist...
  • Options
    Love the way that you use other nations as an example to support your argument, when you don't even believe they exist...
    :razz: :D
  • Options
    Are "countries" facts? No.

They are beliefs.

Do people act upon those beliefs?

Yes.

Hence the inverted comma's.

My whole point is that you aren't tied to a behaviour due to your geographical location, that there are no real boundaries marking out nations. Therefore any behaviour that is built from the premise that you are in a country (paying tax or whatever, begins with a fiction. It's a giant game of let's pretend that you risk kidnap, robbery and other threats of violence if you don't play along with.

Can it be a useful lie? Yeah sure sometimes.. that doesn't make it a fact though, now does it?

This is pretty obvious stuff, tbh and the fact that you still insist on the existence of something that isn't there makes me doubt your sanity.

Name a "country" that doesn't have government interference in it's health system.....Wales will do as an example.
  • Options
    Name a "country" that doesn't have government interference in it's health system.....Wales will do as an example.

Please tell me your joking... :banghead:
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    he's actualy serious but ...i've smoked crack myself and it does do things like this to you ...
  • Options
    Three things....

First, "Wales" isn't there, so it can't be interfered with.

Second...you have said repeatedly that there is only one way that public services like healthcare can be provided, because alternatives won't work. Will you now update your position, having pointed out that they have never been tried without "governments" interference.

How do you know that the government way is the only way if no other ways have been tried?

Third, I feel like writing one line replies because the whole of what I write is never addressed.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    i fucking hope so!
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    Three things....

First, "Wales" isn't there, so it can't be interfered with.

Second...you have said repeatedly that there is only one way that public services like healthcare can be provided, because alternatives won't work. Will you now update your position, having pointed out that they have never been tried without "governments" interference.

How do you know that the government way is the only way if no other ways have been tried?

Third, I feel like writing one line replies because the whole of what I write is never addressed.
    when the nhs was proposed ...the tories tried their damndest to convince people that it would bankrupt the country ...same as the minimum wage etc ...
    here we are 60 yrs later with a fucking amazing health service.

the nhs ...put together by all the people paying in a shilling each. each week ...so ALL THE PEOPLE ...could have acess to medical treatment.
    geuss who benefitted largely ...the employers ...