Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pregnancy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am a wee bitty confused here........................... my girlfriend doesnt know either but what part of the month can a girl get pregnant? :banghead: Dnt get Sex ed in skool (its tooooooo catholic) lotta rubbish lol

cya J :cool:

Comments

• Options
    any time of the month

even when shes on her period :yes:
  • Options
    I didnt think it was tht! :eek: i think i'll google it :nervous:

thanks bdw! :wave:
  • Options
    zooby wrote:
    I didnt think it was tht! :eek: i think i'll google it :nervous:

thanks bdw! :wave:

I know you are from Edinburgh and things take a while to get to the East coast but come on!!

Day, night, monday or friday, 1st or 30th, january or february a girl can shockingly get pregnant!

Don't you use protection??
  • Options
    Yup any day, but there arre times when women are more fertile than others, which i think is in the middle of her cycle.
  • Options
    the time a woman is most fertile is usually around two weeks from the FIRST day of her last menstrual period. Its not very reliable to go by this though, because you can in fact get pregnant at any time in theory.
  • Options
    zooby wrote:
    Am a wee bitty confused here........................... my girlfriend doesnt know either but what part of the month can a girl get pregnant? :banghead: Dnt get Sex ed in skool (its tooooooo catholic) lotta rubbish lol

cya J :cool:

at absolutly ANY time!
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:
    I know you are from Edinburgh and things take a while to get to the East coast but come on!!

Day, night, monday or friday, 1st or 30th, january or february a girl can shockingly get pregnant!

[sarcasm]Sorted...so that means tuesday-thursday,saturday,sunday,2nd-29th,31st,march-december 3ill not result in any (shocking) pregnancies. Hello unsafe sex[/sarcasm]
  • Options
    exactly what everyone else is saying! any time at all. first time you have sex, on your period.....ANY TIME! (except when you are actually pregnant!)

isn't it scary that in 2005 people STILL don't know this? what happened to EDUCATION! makes me want to scream.

I was thinking the other day that when i was at school we were still taught the rhythum method as a realiable form of contraception - which is really quite scary.....
  • Options
    i never had one sex education lesson at school. i learnt from tv, books and my mum.

i suppose one good thing is that there is easy access to the internet now so that young people can help themselves to learn more but really it should be up to the education department.

i think if anyone has access to the internet, they should spend some time learning about sexual health, pregnancy, etc... because it's just scary how many young people still don't have a clue!

(no offence to the person who asked this question, it's your schools fault in my opinion, they're there to educate)

i personally believe, yes, education is the key to safe sex, underage pregnancies, etc. but its not just a schools responsbility.
    currently, there are hundreds of resources for kids and young people to get info on such topics: sexual health clinics, internet, schools, parents, friends, even school counsellors and nurses.
    if young people don't make use of the resources avaliable to them... then it's their own fault when something goes wrong.
  • Options
    to be fair, i didnt know the resources existed when i was at school because we werent told about them, surely that should be a part of sex ed as well. the sex ed at my school consisted of one demonstration of a condom being put on a plaster cast penis, surely it would have been better if we had a try and the other part of the lesson was been given a sheet of paper with words on and what they meant, at 13, niave and at an all girls school all we did was laugh at what things like turgid and flacid meant. this being 9yrs a go i would have thought things would have improved but since visiting this website things clearly havent and the government wonder why there is such a problem with underage sex!!
  • Options
    id also like to stress that contrary to some rumours she can also get pregnant in any position, showering or 'douching' with water or coke makes no difference

any unprotected sex CAN lead to pregnancy
  • Options
    This is just one of the problems of Catholic Schools here in Scotland. I went out with a school nurse and the teacher usually leaves the room, but in this Catholic school she had to negotiate with the school what material she could cover and a teacher always stayed with her incase she dared to say anything about using condoms!! :nervous:

Time they were abolished!!! :yes: