Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Quick Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My GF is on Cilest Pill.
She is on her 7 day break since Saturday although she has not yet had her period and today is Monday. How often does it usually take before the period begins?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Usaully about now!! give it a couple of days, if no joy.... well....... pregnancy test it is!!!! sorry :(
  • Options
    Hang on, don't scare the poor boy just yet! sometimes while on the pill you can miss periods it even says so in the leaflets if you miss one carry on as normal but if you then go on to miss the second one gte it checked out.

Annyway, every girl is different in the way that their body adapts to the pill, it takes me 4 days after taking my last pill to come on, so when i take my first pill of my next pack i'm still having a period, so going by that i would say what your girlfriend is experiencing is normal.
    Also if she has just started the pill it can take a couple of cycles to get into it properley!
  • Options
    Yeah I start 4 days after finishing the pack.
  • Options
    Yep, it's about three to four days for me. But not having one at all doesn't necessarily mean bad news, that can happen too, especially if she's only just gone on it and doesn't know how her body's going to react.
    Oh, and when I say three to four days, I don't include the first day I didn't take one.
  • Options
    Indeed I have known it to take four to five days before the period starts. Of course by the last day it is probably causing faces like this :eek:
  • Options
    Im on Cilest and my last pill of the 3 weeks is taken on the sat. I then usually have my 'period' on the thursday. so about 4 days yeah