Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Please help me save my relationship!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As some of you may know im with the perfect girl and have been for 5 months now. Weve never had an argument and were with eachother all the time. Its perfect but iv got a very big problem and i would do anything to get rid of it to keep me and my gf together.

Well story is, my ex girlfriend played around with my head and to be honest it really did fuck me up. Today she told me shes just got a boyfriend (first guy since me) and when she said it i felt a rush of jealousy go through me. Now i though i really did get over her but obviously not!

My gf has been getting very bothered by the fact im still hung up over my ex and she dont wanna feel like second best. Now i love my girlfriend sooooo much and shes the best thing thats ever happened to me. She also loves me lots too but shes getting very worried that my hang ups with my ex are gonna come between us.

Please help me to stop this right now so i can carry on being happy with my gf. Its been over a year this cant go on for no longer.

Comments

• Options
    not sure if it's cos i'm tired but ...none of that actualy made any sense RB.
  • Options
    Well story is, my ex girlfriend played around with my head and to be honest it really did fuck me up. Today she told me shes just got a boyfriend (first guy since me) and when she said it i felt a rush of jealousy go through me. Now i though i really did get over her but obviously not!

you've said it yourself: she fucked you up... and she is still fucking you up... which explains your feelings.
    but you've got to let go. it's not worth wrecking your current relationship over her, is it?
    she can only fuck you up, if you let her.
  • Options
    I can see why she'd be annoyed! You need to sever all contact with your ex and keep assuring your gf that you love her and that shes not just a rebound girl!
  • Options
    You see i really wanna stop talking to my ex but something is stopping me. I should really delete her number and her email addy shouldnt i.
  • Options
    RudeBwoy wrote:
    You see i really wanna stop talking to my ex but something is stopping me. I should really delete her number and her email addy shouldnt i.

:yes:

To be honest you really shouldn't have started another relationship before you got over your ex! But its a bit late for that now. Cut all contact. Seeing her at all can only be damaging for your current relationship! The past is the past, its the future you need to worry about now!
  • Options
    Yup...distance yourself away from her as much as you can. Focus on your girlfriend, reassure her of your commitement etc. if your sure you are doing the right thing.
  • Options
    RudeBwoy wrote:
    Damn right you should. Now go and listen to Good Charlotte with your girlfriend :p
  • Options
    Silverberg wrote:
    Damn right you should. Now go and listen to Good Charlotte with your girlfriend :p

lol I see you take notice of who is who on these boards ay :)

Ok im just gonna try and stop all contact with my ex once and for all. After all she is in the past and i would do anything to keep my current relationship going (as im sure my gf would).

Thanks ladies and gentleman :)
  • Options
    haha i wish my boy would severe contact with his ex! instead he's well hung up about her and to 'save my feelings' we're being 'buds' despite him really liking me
  • Options
    something is stopping me
    may be, your "head" needs to heal from the damage she has done to you?... and you find an outlet to that emotional pain by talking about her??

if that's the case, and you do need to talk - then do, but don't be bugging your current girlfreind with the problems of your old one... may be get some counselling or something similar... - so that you can deal with it and talk about it, but your girl now won't have to hear about it.

don't let it fuck up your current relationship though... it 'aint worth it. :)
  • Options
    Listen mate, nobody can make u feel a certain way you make yourself feel by reacting to what happens in your life. You have reacted to this as you have because it has come as a shock, i know what it feels like. You have to put your feelings for your ex aside you will get better with time, be confident about your new relationship just accept it and move on and dont think about your ex; whenever u think of her make yourself stop. Focus on your current girl and how much you like her because if you make a big issue out of it she isnt going to stay around. This is what moving on is all about dealing with difficult feelings and looking into the future, dont get hung up on the past even though its hard.
  • Options
    I know i need to completely forget about the past, its hard but im gonna do it. Iv severed all contact with my ex now and my gf is happier already. Even i feel 10 times better.

Thanks for your support people :)
  • Options
    Oh the jealousy...... :(

Im still getting very hung up about her past sexual encounters!
    Iv refused to have sex twice in the last 2 days because i just dont feel like it, i keep thinking about her doing things with her ex and imagining it! I know its discusting but i cant help it and its really getting to me.

I need to stop thinking about it and get on with our relationship.
    Shes getting worried because of me refusing the sex as is something i wouldnt normally do.

Help please!

Thanks
    RB
  • Options
    :heart: ok so ur ex is something of a real bitch and u still have feelings for her ~ to be honest with my bf ~ i would rather him and i talk about everything going through his head about his ex. make it so that ur girlfriend can help u get over her faster then if u do it on your own. ~girls are good listeners ~ ya dont bother talkin to ur ex shes just a waist of time! as for the sex thing. ya if u and her had been having sex and now ur telling her that u dont want to i would be worried too! but i know where ur comming from about the thinkin about her with her ex's ~ its creepy but when u start thinking about that ~ so try thinking about how she wants to be with u and none of them mean anything to her anymore. ur the only one that she wants. ~ if all else fails tell her that u cant stop thinkin her bein with her ex's and that it might help if she SHOWS u that ur the only one that means anything to her now and that she wants only u.:heart:
    hope this helps
  • Options
    :heart: ok so ur ex is something of a real bitch and u still have feelings for her ~ to be honest with my bf ~ i would rather him and i talk about everything going through his head about his ex. make it so that ur girlfriend can help u get over her faster then if u do it on your own. ~girls are good listeners ~ ya dont bother talkin to ur ex shes just a waist of time! as for the sex thing. ya if u and her had been having sex and now ur telling her that u dont want to i would be worried too! but i know where ur comming from about the thinkin about her with her ex's ~ its creepy but when u start thinking about that ~ so try thinking about how she wants to be with u and none of them mean anything to her anymore. ur the only one that she wants. ~ if all else fails tell her that u cant stop thinkin her bein with her ex's and that it might help if she SHOWS u that ur the only one that means anything to her now and that she wants only u.:heart:
    hope this helps

I should really speak to her, i dont wanna hurt her feelings though because she is positivly the best thing thats happened to me and i want her to be happy. But im sure she will do anything to make me feel comfortable again.

Your nice :) Thanks
  • Options
    *SLAP*

Has that helped? Even a little?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    *SLAP*

Has that helped? Even a little?

hmm not really but thanks for the thought
  • Options
    i have the same problem. it could be possible your ex still likes u and she got a boyfriend espeically to make you jealous, and shes winning. fight it, even if you still kinda like her, try to ingore her and focus on your current girlfriend.
  • Options
    response: feelings, feelings, feelings!

:)
    When I try to stuff my feelings, they look for some crack to come out of. Expressing my feelings and having them heard by a trusted friend leads to freedom from the bondage I experience. Acknowledging the feelings of my friends helps me feel close to them. Yeah, this stuff isn't easy for us guys.

For more entertaining ideas, enjoy my free eBook at
    -http://baddadraddad.topcities.com/

:)
  • Options
    RudeBwoy wrote:
    hmm not really but thanks for the thought

Exes can be malicious without trying, they're never worth going back to. Concentrate on the wellbeing of your current girlfriend and stop being so melodramatic :)
  • Options
    hehe thanks people im glad you understand.
    I havent spoken to her or about her for a few days now and im feeling better already, my girlfriend is so much happier too because she was worried that my ex would come between us...no way!

Thanks people, great crowd :D