Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

High Immigrant Birth Rates

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    immigration is down and continuing in that direction.
    rich kid ...theres a place called europe just down the road who alsohave large immigrant communities ...but your head is that far up your arse in the usual little englander fashion that you even hate them as well ...unless it's for holidays of course.
    your understanding of the world would tie us to america thousands of miles away ...and going down the pan ...where we could never dream of being an equal partner ...
  • Options
    This is utterly pointless hysteria, isn't it? Let's face it - the only places that have really got higher immigrant populations are cities like London, and that's because they do some important jobs. They seemed to be the people keeping the underground Tube network when I went there in January. Immigrants do some important jobs in this country. The debate about closing borders helps no one, least of all Britain itself.
    Jim V wrote:
    I would imagine that if you look at the religion of the people invovled in terror campaigns related to Ireland you would find they were Christian. I would think a better way to put it would be 'terrorism by christians'
    I'm rather offended by that. Please don't demean the name of the religion in this way, Jim.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    I would imagine that if you look at the religion of the people invovled in terror campaigns related to Ireland you would find they were Christian. I would think a better way to put it would be 'terrorism by christians'
    Can't help but challenge that. You misunderstand Christianity if you think the IRA and its counterparts represent that religion.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I'm rather offended by that. Please don't demean the name of the religion in this way, Jim.
    me too ...i don't see catholcism as being christian.
  • Options
    Sorry, but it's a basic fact that because someone says they believe in religion doesn't mean they follow its teachings. The point of the quote was to argue against what was posted previously i.e. 'chrisitian terror attacks'.

I was just pointing out that the majority of terrorism in the UK has been carried out by people who would probably identify themselves as chrisitan. Which does go a long way to prove that it's better judge people by their actions than their claimed faith
  • Options
    And obviously I'm saying here that they aren't actually good christians, in the same way as most muslim leaders would say that those who claim to be committing terror for the sake of Allah aren't good muslims
  • Options
    its still evidence of the racial context in which people view social and ethnic groups that Sikhs suffered an amount of the Islamaphobic backlash that came after 9/11
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Sorry, but it's a basic fact that because someone says they believe in religion doesn't mean they follow its teachings. The point of the quote was to argue against what was posted previously i.e. 'chrisitian terror attacks'.

I was just pointing out that the majority of terrorism in the UK has been carried out by people who would probably identify themselves as chrisitan. Which does go a long way to prove that it's better judge people by their actions than their claimed faith
    I'm still waiting for examples of these "christian terror attacks".

I doubt these people would seriously claim to be Chrisitians - more likely "Catholic" or "Protestant" which, in this context, do not translate as Christian. More like social groups or gangs.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I'm still waiting for examples of these "christian terror attacks".

I doubt these people would seriously claim to be Chrisitians - more likely "Catholic" or "Protestant" which, in this context, do not translate as Christian. More like social groups or gangs.
    your just being awkward now!
    when you go to jail you are asked your religion ...and you get a little coloured card outside your door letting everyone know ...i'll bet every ira man in jail is down as a christian.
  • Options
    hey, we actually get into debate and rich_kid buggers off
  • Options
    your just being awkward now!
    when you go to jail you are asked your religion ...and you get a little coloured card outside your door letting everyone know ...i'll bet every ira man in jail is down as a christian.
    I know. According to Census 2001, 80% of the population would describe themselves as Christian. People are asked their religion on admission to hospital - most say CofE or Catholic though, and only a minority actually say 'Christian'.
  • Options
    It all does prove a certain point though doesn't it. We all know accept, pretty much, that terrorism carried around the Irish troubles isn't christian. Yet people seem ready to accept that recent terrorism is automatically 'muslim'
  • Options
    The terrorist attacks by Bin Laden were expressly done as part of how he saw his religion being attacked - so it would be fair to say they were Moslem terrorists.

When the IRA murdered a policeman it wasn't because they were disagreeing on the finer points of Christianity - but because they thought they could bring about a united Ireland by the armalite. So it wouldn't be fair to say they were Christian terrorists.

That said the people who plant bombs in arbortion clinics are generally doing it for religious reasons (primarily Christian) so there are Christian terrorists.

And a Palestinian who bombs a cafe in Israel isn't doing it because he thinks the Jews have got the wrong end of the stick religion wise, but as part of an on-going struggle for land. So even if he's a Moslem he's not a Moslem terrorist...
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    hey, we actually get into debate and rich_kid buggers off
    mummy will be tucking him in.
    don't be surprised ...he gives absolutely nothing to any topic apart from what he read ...
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    The terrorist attacks by Bin Laden were expressly done as part of how he saw his religion being attacked - so it would be fair to say they were Moslem terrorists.

When the IRA murdered a policeman it wasn't because they were disagreeing on the finer points of Christianity - but because they thought they could bring about a united Ireland by the armalite. So it wouldn't be fair to say they were Christian terrorists.

That said the people who plant bombs in arbortion clinics are generally doing it for religious reasons (primarily Christian) so there are Christian terrorists.

And a Palestinian who bombs a cafe in Israel isn't doing it because he thinks the Jews have got the wrong end of the stick religion wise, but as part of an on-going struggle for land. So even if he's a Moslem he's not a Moslem terrorist...
    :chin:
  • Options
    anyone who talks about 'the lefties' has nothing better to add to this discourse...
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    I'd suggest otherwise.

And for the record, I don't think Al-Qaeda can honestly be described as a muslim terrorist group.
  • Options
    You may disagree with their intepretation of the bible (and many Moslems disagree with Bin laden's interpretation of the Koran), but they are doing it primarily for religious reasons.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    You may disagree with their intepretation of the bible (and many Moslems disagree with Bin laden's interpretation of the Koran), but they are doing it primarily for religious reasons.
    nope.
    they are doing it for selfish reasons of power.
  • Options
    NQA wrote:
    OK, but I think any interpretation of the bible which allows acts of terrorism is not a christian one. And it's offensive to christians to say that the IRA represents a christian viewpoint. Or those that kill doctors, or plant bombs at clinics.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    OK, but I think any interpretation of the bible which allows acts of terrorism is not a christian one. And it's offensive to christians to say that the IRA represents a christian viewpoint. Or those that kill doctors, or plant bombs at clinics.
    for once we agree!
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    for once we agree!
  • Options
    stupid stupid update thingy!
  • Options
    I think we agree on quite a lot y'know.
  • Options
    shush now! i have my street cred to think of.
    Kentish wrote:
    I think we agree on quite a lot y'know.
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    mummy will be tucking him in.
    don't be surprised ...he gives absolutely nothing to any topic apart from what he read ...

I think it's funny how when someone on this site has an opinion other than one the majority agrees with - you make fun of them and put them down. Kind of ruins the idea of open debates. :no:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Nearly half the babies born in Greater London are now born to immigrant mothers according to a study of the social impact of immigration on Britain.

Analysis of government statistics confirms that in some inner-city areas nearly 7 out of 10 children (70%) are being born to mothers who were themselves born abroad.

Robert Rowthorn, an economics professor at Cambridge University said, "These figures represent a big change in the nature of our society. People do have to talk about the implications."

Recent opinion polls show that 80% of the British people want to see tighter immigration controls. This includes 55% of those in ethnic minority communities.

Isn't it about time Labour took off its blinkers and started to deal with this issue?

just because they are getting laid more than you rich kid
    :naughty:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I love Right Wing paranoia... Big cities in the western world are full of different ethnic groups. Face it... big cities = Money. Money = Attracts people. Its the way we work for now. Its not going to change because there are lots of different people.

Honestly...
  • Options
    Mushy24 wrote:
    I think it's funny how when someone on this site has an opinion other than one the majority agrees with - you make fun of them and put them down. Kind of ruins the idea of open debates. :no:
    point me in the direction of him having debated anything please.