Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is there any chance they will find this amusing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I left my film analysis essay til the last night and ended up doing it at 4am in the morning. I wrote in some things I probably shouldn't have and I'm worried that they're going to fail me. Here is a segment of what I've written...

-

What I like about this scene is that the sound is never over used. We start off with what can only be described as a sound that gets right inside you and makes you want to stick your finger up your nose and swirl your brain around. It is a screeching sound probably best compared to your mother in law dragging her nails across a blackboard. Often in bursts of no more than a second long, this continually plays through out the scene until Sadako appears through the tv. If I didn't have the classical music knowledge of a two year old I would be able to point out the instruments used in this. Whatever they are, they start off very sinister and sudden as soon as we cut to the shot of Sadako climbing out the tv. It continues and gets more fierce as the scene continues. We also have added sound effects which include a heart beat and a hauling wind. This continues until we reach the shot of Sadakos eye where we reach a final burst of whatever those fine instruments are and the heart beat stops, which I can only assume is to signify Mai's death...or that they finally ran out of budget.

--

Is there any chance they would see the humour in this and not fail me? I've just suddenly realised what I've done and I don't why it seemed a good idea at the time.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You'll raise a smile on the examiner, you'll still fail. :p
  • Options
    *bangs head on the table*

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Songbird wrote:
    *bangs head on the table*

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!
    Depends on the context you've said, if you're allowed to have a comical review then fine, you'll get away with it, if its meant to be a dead serious review you need to go drown your sorrows quickly.
  • Options
    lol, well the rest of it was of a more serious matter so I'm hoping they won't take this to heart. I am absolutely fucked as I handed it in today and they mark them over the easter holidays.

I really am *the* smallest person in the world, lol.
  • Options
    there was too many uses of "I"

report wise should be based something along the lines of "it is thought this is.....etc"
  • Options
    Funny as fuck mate. I'd give you an A
  • Options
    if it's your analysis of the film, surely you can write what you think of it regardless of whether it's funny or not?
  • Options
    don't beat yourself up for it...
    i found it funny :lol: ...
    but like LD said:
    if it's your analysis of the film, surely you can write what you think of it regardless of whether it's funny or not
    :yes: i agree with that, but lets hope the examiner has a sense of humour anyway...
    i'm you'll enjoy your feedback on this one :thumb:
  • Options
    lol, I'm just hoping that they'll think I'm a first year student, I'm bound to mess up. Hopefully they'll just give me a bollocking and tell me not to do it again.
  • Options
    As far as reviews go, I reckon it is fairly honest and therefore ok. I mean if Jonathon Ross can get away with stretching similie and metaphor then why shouldn't you?
  • Options
    if its a slip up in a 2000 worder, then you might still pass.

If its indicative of the rest of it im doubtful, although i hope it goes well.
  • Options
    Yup, thats funny. Good use of similes etc.

I hope it turns ok for you...where you slighty intoxicated when you wrote it? or stone-cold sober?
  • Options
    Haha, I was slightly drunk, I'd been out celebrating St Paddys Day and then tried to continue it (well start it) when I got back home. Shan't be doing that again, lol.

The rest of it is more serious...it's just that I suck at essays, I suck at this sort of thing and so I thought I'd try and add a bit of humour. I thought if it's going to suck then why not try and go down in an honourable way, lol.
  • Options
    Well I got my paper back today. He wasn't amused in the slightest and I *just* passed. I wish I'd have learnt my lesson before submitting another essay to a different module in which I claimed to be a transvestite :banghead:

I am such a nob.
  • Options
    Songbird wrote:
    Well I got my paper back today. He wasn't amused in the slightest and I *just* passed. I wish I'd have learnt my lesson before submitting another essay to a different module in which I claimed to be a transvestite :banghead:

I am such a nob.

oh well, it passed. He's maybe a little uptight.
  • Options
    Songbird wrote:

I am such a nob.

i think you spelt n00b wrong :P