Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Economic migrant wins VC

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The_Furher wrote:
    Good on him,
    but i bet he ticked all the right boxes, i wonder if we would have got the vc if he was white?

Join up and do your best to find out Fur.

:yes:
  • Options
    BlackArab wrote:
    Join up and do your best to find out Fur.

:yes:

I'd rather he didn't...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Nah, he'd probably be scared of combat.
  • Options
    I can just imagine fur her goose stepping out to parade in his brand new suspenders and jack boots. Er, no thanks...
  • Options
    BlackArab wrote:
    Point.missed.

Not. Really.
  • Options
    Can I point out to "The_Furher" that as far as my knowledge goes, it's a military tribune who decides who gets medals (well, you get recommended for one by your commander etc, then they decide whether you deserve it or not) and then in the case of the VC I think it's presented by the Queen. But that's irrelevant anyway - my point is Labour actually have nothing to do with it :) fantastic isn't it?

And to Teh_Gerbil, though it's a minor point, you can't really bring capitalism into it. He did what he was trained to do and followed his instinct - another person might have done it and got killed. I look up to the guy but in reality I think it came down to luck - think of all the heroes (or heroes to be) who get killed before they have a chance.

Don't think you'll get many soldiers running away from their friends in a burning APC; any person who's been in the army knows that comradeship and looking out for each other is just about the most important thing. It's an inbuilt natural human thing - we went out as a group of hunters and had to watch look out for each other to ensure the survival of the group.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well, its just there was a guy who sold his story after fleeing from his comrades, I was disgraced people paid for that. I'd be to ashmaed to do it. :crying: How much can money motivate folks?

This guy is lucky, bloody lucky to be alive and well. I wonder if he'll go back out again?