Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No charges in late abortion case.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Rich Kid wrote:
    In my view abortion, the killing of the innocent unborn, is a moral/religious issue that cannot be divorced from God.
    I've probably said enough on this subject so I'll bow out now rather than continue.
    but morality and religion arent the same thing.
  • Options
    Rich Kid

You've never been bereaved have you?
  • Options
    but morality and religion arent the same thing.
    Not necessarily so.
    Fiend_85 You've never been bereaved have you?
    I have, and not just once.
  • Options
    Really? your rabbit was it? The way you talk you'd think you hadn't come within a thousand miles of real pain.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Really? your rabbit was it? The way you talk you'd think you hadn't come within a thousand miles of real pain.

:lol:
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    i think thats really innapropriate and not a help.
  • Options
    Not being offensive but what right has you to judge other people decisions, if a person chooses to have an abortion I don’t think the decision is taken lightly nor do I question it because ultimately it is they decision. Being Christian mean that you shouldn’t judge others.

To me an embryo only has the potential to become a person the development of the nervous system and the brain are important yet there develop later on in the pregnancy after the 24 weeks limit.

I am a atheist I don’t believe in a soul nor do I believe in God this doesn’t mean that I am immoral I think you should remember some of the worst crimes in history have been done in the name of your God
  • Options
    i think thats really innapropriate and not a help.
    Given fiend's life experience, and given rich kid's witterings about "God taking life", I actually don't think it is.
  • Options
    marv wrote:
    I am a atheist I don’t believe in a soul nor do I believe in God this doesn’t mean that I am immoral I think you should remember some of the worst crimes in history have been done in the name of your God

*applauds*
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    How patronising. What about those people who don't believe in a god?
    Let him be patronising... Nothing more fun than people degrading Christianity like he does.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Whilst you may search the world of science for answers, I turn to God, the eternal Life that guides everything. Man can only briefly glimpse at small corners of knowledge, and it will be the arrogance of Man that will be his undoing.
    See this irritates me, whilst I respect everyone's right to believe what they want, you or other people have no right to tell people what to do with their bodies... These are women... Living feeling emotional creatures, every bit as sensitive as a gentleman, women cry, laugh, they can enjoy a sunset and curl up with a cat. There are female poets, musicians, scientists and artists... I don't see a blob of cells doing any of these. Sorry. I believe in the right of the woman first and support the choice.

See I tend to think that sometimes, Pro life Christians forget the line "thou shalt not judge" and use specially selected parts of the Bible to impose force on other people, to gain control. Perhaps it is guilt or perhaps they want a good afterlife... Either way, if these people... Thinking feeling emotional people are so wrong in what they're doing, then God should punish them.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Given fiend's life experience, and given rich kid's witterings about "God taking life", I actually don't think it is.
    Thanks, that means a lot.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Thanks, that means a lot.
    sorry :(
    I just think sometimes you can be needlessly provocative. Its unnecessary because you in particular are MORE than capable of getting your point across in other ways.
  • Options
    I find that with some people impact is more necessary than eloquence. Especially when they're standing in the name of my faith, without any backing from what really matters.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Don't ask the question if you can't understand the answer! You have no idea about pain or suffering, you are just like many making uneducated, misinformed observations about things you know nothing about!
  • Options
    Its good to see the Archbishop of Canterbury stepping into the abortion debate. He, like Cardinal Murphy-O'Connor, are suggesting that voters use the election campaign to question parliamentary candidates over their views on abortion.

He makes it clear that he sees abortion as "the deliberate termination of a human life". The Archbishop argues that the "sheer statistics" of rising numbers of abortions make a debate essential, as does the progress of science.
    He writes: "Whether it is a matter of evidence about foetal sensitivity to outside stimuli (including pain), the nature of foetal consciousness or the expanding possibilities of saving early foetal life outside the womb, the trend is inexorably towards a sharper recognition of the foetus as a natural candidate for "rights" of some kind."

I say a foetus should be covered by Human Rights legislation, after all its being used by gypsies, immigrants, asylum seekers, gays, etc etc, why not the innocent unborn child?
  • Options
    Well I would of that it was instantly obvious why not. If you believe that life begins with conception then you would apply all the measures of human rights from that point. If you don't believe that life begins with conception then you would presumably apply those rights from the point of birth, or at a set time defined by laws of your country.

Disagreeing with something doesn't mean you have to be blinkered about the way other people think. Most people here have gone out of their way to at least consider your views, if you really want to try and move this debate forward you should consider their viewpoint.

Are you also implying that it's wrong to consider gypsies, immigrants or gay people as human?

As someone else mentioned; Matthew 7:3 'And why seest thou the straw, which is in thy brother's eye, and perceivest not the beam which is in thine eye?'
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    As someone else mentioned; Matthew 7:3 'And why seest thou the straw, which is in thy brother's eye, and perceivest not the beam which is in thine eye?'
    What version is that? :eek: Ye olde Lancastrian bible?
  • Options
    even better

'And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?'
  • Options
    The Message says,

"It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbour's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own".

Either way, it's sound advice.
  • Options
    I thought it was something about removing the log in your own eye before removing the splinter in somebody else's eye.
  • Options
    I thought it was something about removing the log in your own eye before removing the splinter in somebody else's eye.
    log/beam/sneer.

The Message is the equivalalent of the Shakespeare Made Easy books if you're familiar with them. Not direct translation, but tries to keep the meaning but in modern language.
  • Options
    He can't RB, because he's a troll. And he reminds me very much of a catholic troll that we had a year or 2 ago on the exact same topic. I think he said women couldn't be raped :chin:
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Don't ask the question if you can't understand the answer! You have no idea about pain or suffering, you are just like many making uneducated, misinformed observations about things you know nothing about!
    Yeah that's right, I mean, my mum dying, clearly I have no idea about suffering. Death and life are not specific judgements by God. Death is a symptom of an underlying problem, the tsunami in asia WAS NOT God judging them, because if you think for one second that you are better than those that died you are sorely mistaken. The earth fell and broke on the way down. You should try reading your bible before coming on here and embarassing you Lord like this. You should have a lood at Matt 7:23. That in the NT btw, I can't imagine you must ever have read it.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    Life is a gift from God and its not for Man to destroy that life no matter what "inconvenience" it may cause.
    Every life has a soul and is entitled to share in an eternal life in the hereafter.
    To have or not have an abortion is not an option.

God is dead. You never read Nietzsche?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    You're absolutely right MoonRat, God gave Man free will, to follow him or not to take another path.

There was no torture or sexual abuse on Guantanamo as far as I'm aware, except for stories made up by the Left-wing media who have an obsessional hatred for America.

You're taking the piss.
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    That we live in accordance with the ten commandments and His teachings. The reason our world is in turmoil is because so many people are turning away from God and embracing materialism.

Why not the Koran? Why the Bible?
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    God gives Life, God takes away Life. End of story.
    There is no God. End of story.
  • Options
    That's not an arguement you can use aladdin. You don't know that.
  • Options
    Perhaps. But the comment was made in direct response to his equally invalid (in fact, more so) "God gives Life, God takes away Life" statement.