Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Marijuana

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hay,
I've just noticed that most of my friends hate people who smoke marijuana... I don't do it myself but I have tried it once. I just don't understand how they can suddenly hate people if they do it. What is your opinion... do you care if people smoke marijuana? Do you think of people different if you knew they smoked marijuana? I really don't think that it is that bigger deal...

-xoXOxo-

Comments

• Options
    No it dosen't matter whether you smoke a joint or not. IMO
  • Options
    I just don't understand how they can suddenly hate people if they do it.

thats the best and most intelligent comment i've ever heard from someone who isnt a regular drug user. If more people showed this much thought and consideration we might start to get somewhere :yes:

unfortunately, for reasons as individual as the next person, some will just see something they have been told is bad and place a label on people they see engaging in it. Thats just one example of millions of how people form opinions.

I know i've had it happen to me with weed...some people dont like the culture and ceremony around it...
  • Options
    I'm at uni: everyone does it, no-one cares :)
  • Options
    i'm still convinced that there's a malevolent force controlling human behaviour and morals...lets take this in context...if someone is going to not be your friend because you smoke hash then they aren't your friend in the first place cos friends are understanding...alot of people need to free their minds in a liberal sense...
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    If you hate someone because of what they are at face value, and of what they do, you are a closed minded and shallow person.

I wouldn't like to be around folks like that, tbh.

And said drug is also just as bad for you as Alcohol, which might even be worse! So if they drink, you might like to remind them of that mid-pint, if you think they will actually listen.
  • Options
    where i live i think people just dont care anymore, where i live i think smoking weed is considered normal. the police here dont seem to care (which is good)

and the cannabis cafe i told you lot about earlier is still open, and is thriving strong.
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:
    where i live i think people just dont care anymore, where i live i think smoking weed is considered normal. the police here dont seem to care (which is good)

and the cannabis cafe i told you lot about earlier is still open, and is thriving strong.

bastard...where i live there is no police...definately no patrols....but people will look down on you..we used to hide to smoke joints or whatnot but now we do it on the streets cos we don't care anymore and thats all that matters...
  • Options
    I have never been cuaght, but we had a close shave when the Police came to the Pot caravan.

I usually find somewhere reasonably secluded, like behind a bush where people don't walk alot or something, bongs aren't as easy as joints, but a darn sight better, imo.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I have never been cuaght, but we had a close shave when the Police came to the Pot caravan.

I usually find somewhere reasonably secluded, like behind a bush where people don't walk alot or something, bongs aren't as easy as joints, but a darn sight better, imo.

rolling joints outside is a fucking task and a half...especially when it's windy and raining
  • Options
    I just though, I used hte bong in the dark... Rolling in the dark would be hard as fuck!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I just though, I used hte bong in the dark... Rolling in the dark would be hard as fuck!

it can be done...i've done it a few times...i find it harder when you're on pills or shrooms...on pills the skins just feel invisible and it's hard to shape the joint, the skins just feel fucked up, on shrooms, sticking the skins is the hardest, you just don't have the hand eye co-ordination you usually have, i've managed it though once, you just have to concentrate very hard.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    it can be done...i've done it a few times...i find it harder when you're on pills or shrooms...on pills the skins just feel invisible and it's hard to shape the joint, the skins just feel fucked up, on shrooms, sticking the skins is the hardest, you just don't have the hand eye co-ordination you usually have, i've managed it though once, you just have to concentrate very hard.

lol tell me about it, took me 40 mins once to skin up on shrooms i just kept spacing out........all part of the fun, joint is all that more special once its bloody done.
  • Options
    apollo_69 wrote:
    lol tell me about it, took me 40 mins once to skin up on shrooms i just kept spacing out........all part of the fun, joint is all that more special once its bloody done.

lol same as me then when i had actually rollled it it took me bout an hour too smoke it and i could swear it was geting longer :S
  • Options
    Doesn't bother me what people do, it's the person that counts..

Rolling when I'm off it can be hell of a task, just because I like talking :D Tell you what though, making a mix when you're off it is a fucking task too.. I've had nights munched on pills and schrooms and it must've taken an hour or more :o

Cheers

Phil
  • Options
    i love weed. i love it second most to oxygen. i don't mind people that dont, unless they judge on grounds they have no idea about. but i love hanging out with stoners. to me, they are so much more easy to get along with. probably because we're all high.
  • Options
    When your high, you just couldn't care less. Which makes you easy going. You also get everyone in KFC staring at you as you laugh at the chicken twister your attempting to eat.

But yeah, if only you could get Bush and all those folks he hates, all stoned, around a table, we'd have no more wars on terror. It'd be ace.
  • Options
    no kfc. no. NO. you gotta get baked and either one of two options. stay in and just chill, but if for some reason you do go out to eat. find some classy resturant and just make yourself into the biggest idiot alive. give it not long and you will have no self esteem once you've realized what you've done, but hey, none of them will see you again.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    i love hanging out with stoners. to me, they are so much more easy to get along with.

that is so true......
    The parties that I have been to with stoners there were awesome and they were just so funny and laid back...
    When i tried it I didnt understand anything. I thought I wanted more untill this guys head morphed into the pillow and i was like agh.. lol yeh and it was so fun but I didnt do it again because of people in my group thinking the worst, although after reading ur opinions i really dont care anymore about what they say!
  • Options
    I find people who smoke all the time really dull company but I have no objection to those who smoke every now and then.

Having said that I find people who drink all the time even worse company.
  • Options
    haha i think ppl on weed and alcohol are funny but on anything else are just scrary... sometimes...
  • Options
    weed and alcohol is a :crazyeyes: combination...

how anyone can find that ridiculous spinney feeling pleasurable is beyond me..
  • Options
    Thats a really easy way to be sick.
  • Options
    Don't think I'll be trying that...
  • Options
    weed and alcohol is a :crazyeyes: combination...

how anyone can find that ridiculous spinney feeling pleasurable is beyond me..

And the throwing up, of course, doesn't help.
  • Options
    I love love love weed. 'Cept I can't do it often coz I have lots of emotional problems and the like. So I only do it every couple months at the most. And I never get too fucked. But yeh I love it. And many stoners are awesome awesome people. But then again so are many non-stoners.
  • Options
    i always find that if i have a toke i can drink a fair amount and still be fairly alright but if i drink alot then have a smoke i just get completely wasted, it's wierd like
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i always find that if i have a toke i can drink a fair amount and still be fairly alright but if i drink alot then have a smoke i just get completely wasted, it's wierd like

yup, it's never a pint that pushes me over the edge, always the other way around, maybe has something with pot instantly going to your head (you know like when you have that first toke of the day) whereas drink takes a little longer to kick in......never been sick in my life off drugs mind, but that's about as close as i've been.......unpleasant to say the least.
  • Options
    Thinking about it now... that's always the same with me. It's only ever when I smoke after drinking that I feel like shit, whereas the other way round and I'm fine all night.

Doesn't explain smoking and drinking at the same time though... :chin:
  • Options
    It's exactly like that with me, smoke before your fine, always good to have a smoke before you go out drinking.
  • Options
    i always remember being told some old wives tale about smoke then drink, not drink then smoke...