Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

modules for next year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
we were told today that we have to choose our modules for next year. has anyone else done this yet?is it not a bit early especially since most of them have pre-requisits (sp) so if you dont pass a certain module this year you wont be able to do some next year. i know most uni's have a module directory so you can look up the modules and get info on them, but i just cant decide which ones to do.... will they allow you to change your mind next year??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    TheOne wrote:
    we were told today that we have to choose our modules for next year. has anyone else done this yet?is it not a bit early especially since most of them have pre-requisits (sp) so if you dont pass a certain module this year you wont be able to do some next year. i know most uni's have a module directory so you can look up the modules and get info on them, but i just cant decide which ones to do.... will they allow you to change your mind next year??

I had to have mine done by the end of last week.

We can change ours up until the week before term starts next year. So September. I've tried to choose the ones I want to do, but the department basically said it is just to keep the computer happy at the moment, so we can change them whenever we want.
  • Options
    Normally they need to know, provisionally, by the end of Epiphany term. This is so they can do the maths and see if a course will run.

Normally you can change your mind, but your choices will be limited; they won't crow-bar you onto a popular course if you change your mind without good reason.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Normally they need to know, provisionally, by the end of Epiphany term. This is so they can do the maths and see if a course will run.

Normally you can change your mind, but your choices will be limited; they won't crow-bar you onto a popular course if you change your mind without good reason.
    :yes: Yup.

I had to choose my modules for next year last week. It's not completely binding though, it's just to give them a good idea of how to arrange the courses.