Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ok...this one's stumped me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i freind of mine tried a cannabis preparation added to a chocolate mousse (butter with skunk melted into it, then added to the chocolate mousse).

had about two good joints worth in it, and had been sat in the fridge for 4 or so days...upon removing from the fridge he then added another generous (about 3/4 of a good king size) spliff measure to the mix, which was warmed in a microwave, poured into a cup and then milk added and warmed to produce hot chocolate...

he's just left my presence, over two hours after ingesting, with no discernable effects...ive done this before and its been great, i cannot for the life of me understand this...

sure the treatment the stuff was given wasnt great but it should have produced at least some kind of effect...

my worry is that as it was taken with milk (milk takes a while to digest anyway) and that he was not walking or being active after ingesting (this also slows the digestion process) that the onset of effects could be very delayed...

has anyone else experienced delayed onset of cannabis intoxication from eating it?

Comments

• Options
    i freind of mine tried a cannabis preparation added to a chocolate mousse (butter with skunk melted into it, then added to the chocolate mousse).

had about two good joints worth in it, and had been sat in the fridge for 4 or so days...upon removing from the fridge he then added another generous (about 3/4 of a good king size) spliff measure to the mix, which was warmed in a microwave, poured into a cup and then milk added and warmed to produce hot chocolate...

he's just left my presence, over two hours after ingesting, with no discernable effects...ive done this before and its been great, i cannot for the life of me understand this...

sure the treatment the stuff was given wasnt great but it should have produced at least some kind of effect...

my worry is that as it was taken with milk (milk takes a while to digest anyway) and that he was not walking or being active after ingesting (this also slows the digestion process) that the onset of effects could be very delayed...

has anyone else experienced delayed onset of cannabis intoxication from eating it?

:confused: *waits for bong* i wouldn't know much about cannabis and all the scientific malarky that goes with it...i tend to just smoke spliffs...some blow is good...some is gack...thats the way the cookie crumbles
  • Options
    expect him to get very very stoned later on then. if he's had that much. had it take ages to kick in before depending on what was i stomach beforehand and what i was doing, lol :)
  • Options
    nope...this ones stumped me...

he's actually fine...just called him...he ate that stuff during the first half of the Chelsea game...its now 2am and not a sausage...

im really at a loss on this one
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    thats the way the cookie crumbles

Or indeed the blow...
  • Options
    How much did he have in his stomach at the time?

How long did he heat the cannabis in the butter?

It could just be one of those things, in that the bits of cannabis he put in might not have been as strong as he thought or just a bit of a freak.
  • Options
    well i dont know but all things considered...i just dont know...

its really weird...
  • Options
    well i dont know...

Well how are we supposed to answer your question then, you come in here with these rough details and expect a full reply, the cheek!
  • Options
    well i dont know but all things considered...i just dont know...

its really weird...

Friend of mine ate some spacecakes at glastonbury last year...only got a slight effect from them...she was pretty surprised considering the amount of bud.

It may have something to do with tolerance levels...if you're getting fucked every day, sobriety becomes sort of "tripped out"...it's kind of like no-man's land between being high and being sober...so when you are a slightly high, sometimes you don't really feel that much difference.
  • Options
    nope this guy isnt exactly a full time stoner...and when i say no effect i mean NO discernable effect over sobriety at all...
  • Options
    Fuck i don't know, that's a wierd one martin.

How about next time eat it as soon as he makes it rather than leaving it for 4 days and try alot more skunk the next time.

Just outta curosity did he happen to take a shite after he ate it? If he did your answer could lie there...
  • Options
    no he didnt...its really weird...
  • Options
    your mate is just odd then!
  • Options
    Very odd, like come on who eats skunk and feels nothing!?
  • Options
    eating skunk does give u a buzz if not then add more skunk next time :thumb:
  • Options
    there bloody hard to catch mind!

anybody?......no?
  • Options
    Did he try it again yet?
  • Options
    no and to be honest im trying to restrict my involvement in it...

i've started to be able to smoke weed and enjoy it again, which to be honest im not entirely happy with (ok, i like not waking up and having to go through the next day paranoid). If he asks me again i'll advise him just to eat an amount of skunk equal to what he used, but raw.

What im not going to do is push it for the sake of experimentation by proxy
  • Options
    Whenever we had cannabis yoghurts we used (freshly) melted solid mixed directly into the yoghurt and everyone was completely fucked within 15 minutes.

Never any delayed effects that I remember.
  • Options
    no exactly, exactly as i always was...