Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

speed and e

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Are speed and e quite similiar? like in both the high and the chems? n say if sum1 was not allergic to speed, would that mean they would be less likely to be allergic to e?

Comments

• Options
    Speed has no euphoria to talk about, E is more euphoric and has more loved up feelings, with speed you just feel full of energy.

I don't know if your allergic to any drugs, i think it's very rare for someone to be allergic to such drugs.
  • Options
    if you are actually allergic to amphetamine consider that E is 3-4-Methalinidioxymethamphetamine

so the likelyhood could be whoever is allergic to speed could well be to E
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    TheSite's factsheets on MDMA and amphetamines may give you some idea of the effects.
    You can find the Chemistry of MDMA and the Amphetamines Chemistry on Erowid. I would suggest that is comeone had a negative reaction to one, it would be very unwise to try the other.
  • Options
    Speed is definitely euphoric, but in a very different way to ecstasy. Its a physical and mental high whereas MDMA is an emotional one.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Speed is definitely euphoric, but in a very different way to ecstasy. Its a physical and mental high whereas MDMA is an emotional one.

Exactly the 'high' that comes with amphetamines is more confidence and optomism rather than the emotional 'loved up' of MDMA.
  • Options
    which would you say is better? i've only done e, but i dont think much could compare to that feeling.
  • Options
    Amphetamine is a bit like when you are at your most energetic and confident just quite a lot more than that. Its quite a simple drug experience really.
  • Options
    Speed does not provide the profound experience that E does, most people would accept this. For many people their first E is such a profound experience because it pushes your conscious thought in such a profound direction that it takes people by surprise...

The problem with E is that alot of people (not all, but some) are (like so many other substances) consistently chasing that first buzz, rather than enjoying each experience for what it is. The reason some people fall our of love after their 'Ecstasy Honeymoon' as it were, is because they either/or all of the following; take to much, too often, for too long.
  • Options
    The reason some people fall our of love after their 'Ecstasy Honeymoon' as it were, is because they either/or all of the following; take to much, too often, for too long.

sounds a bit like me now...
  • Options
    now you know where i was 3 years ago...
  • Options
    yeah i find doing it too often dont make it as good.
  • Options
    its a drug that needs to be treated with great respect...

munching loads of pills in one session (yes even though virtually everyone does it) as well as mixing it with other stimulants such as cocaine, and even mixing it with cannabis, which virtually every E user in history has done, isnt the best or most wise thing...

if i were ever to take it again, it'd only be one or maybe a cheeky half...nothing over that...i dont enjoy being 'fucked' on anything anymore...pethidine, dope, pills even alcohol but thats personal taste...
  • Options
    now you know where i was 3 years ago...

yea i know...i remember you telling me about it and me having a mini argument with me saying how e's were brilliant and all but they do sorta take their toll and you have to sorta wise up and face the truth after a while...i don't think i'll quit them completely like, i'm just gonna take them now and again...whenever i think the night would be suited perfect to it...i don't even have the urge to buy them these days though.
  • Options
    Thats the pattern most MDMA users fall into though, they have a great time on their first few times, end up doing them more often, get ever decreasing returns from them and use tapers off.