Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What was it??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to the pub on saturday nite n then back to my mates house with loads of other people.
I dont drink. So was a little bit worried when i started to feel a bit "wobbley" as we left the pub. When we got back to my mates house, i was really not hyper but pretty close. I was being really loud n just silly. But at the same time i felt really tired.
i layed down on my mates bed, n i was still listening and chatting but i felt like i couldnt move. My body was like a heavy weight, but i felt in me that icould go run around and be crazY! After a while i couldnt open my eyes, they physically wouldnt move lol :crazyeyes

I have no idea what was going on, i trust my friends so much and know none of them would do that to me, and no one had reason.

Does that sound like any kind of drunk?
cos if i was bein spiked with alcohol i would have known as i get a really bad rash all over and headache!
Any ideas any one??

Comments

• Options
    sounds a bit like MDMA...but i'm not really sure...
  • Options
    that COULD be a few things...Amphetamine for example, as TT has pointed out possibly MDMA/MDA

how did you feel? did you feel particularly good or euphoric? did you feel empathetic or warm towards people more than normal? Crucially hwo did you feel the day after?
  • Options
    didnt feel anything different the next day. Jus abit tired, but thats prob cos i didnt really sleep.
    I eventually ended up with one of my mates, in bed. We always end up 2gther anyway so werent worried.
    I felt overly sensitive.
    I felt majorly giggley!! Was just happy, crazy happy lol
    which is not like me as i have depression apparently lol
    and normally if i sleep anywhere except my own bed, i panic, but i didnt i jus fell asleep lol
    random
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    Does that sound like any kind of drunk?
    cos if i was bein spiked with alcohol i would have known as i get a really bad rash all over and headache!
    Any ideas any one??

i think you would notice if it was drink and you'd probably need more than a mouthful or two to be drunk...cud be GHB or something similar...the whole wobliness thing and feeling really heavey yet still euphoric at the same time is similar to my experience with it...not sure though cos i mixed it with alcohol and got that feeling whenever i did it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    turlough wrote:
    cud be GHB or something similar...the whole wobliness thing and feeling really heavey yet still euphoric at the same time is similar to my experience with it...not sure though cos i mixed it with alcohol and got that feeling whenever i did it.

:yes: What I reckon!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    yeah my money's on that in that case (GHB i mean)
  • Options
    Sounds like you were spiked, could be GHB.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Could be GHB. :p
    What does everybody else think? :chin:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    GHB sounds like a good bet to me.
  • Options
    i agree too.

turlough - ghb is the same with or without alcohol, alcohol just greatly heightens the effect of it so you're more likely to go under or severely fuck up.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    There is some information on GHB here, but I would like to stress that there is no way of telling what actually happened, although it certainly sounds like your drink was spiked. Our theSite journalist Mazza has written an article here that you might find useful.
  • Options
    It doesnt sound like GHB to me, if you take even a small amount with alcohol you're just going to pass out, something he didnt do.

How drunk were you before you think you had this extra something?

My thoughts are towards some sort of mild stimulant, it doesnt sound like a downer really, half a pill or some ephadrine?
  • Options
    bong; i think she said that she didnt drink alcohol and indicated that she comes out in a rash if she does so i dont think she mixed it with alcohol...thats the main reason i thought it could be GHB, because without the alcohol everything else seems to fit...
  • Options
    Knackers, sorry, I should pay more attention, thats a bit bad of me really. I'm sick, that wasnt me posting, you cant prove anything.

Erm, it still doesnt sound all that much like GHB to me though, it sort of does, but I wouldnt say it was that certainly.
  • Options
    Knackers, sorry, I should pay more attention, thats a bit bad of me really. I'm sick, that wasnt me posting, you cant prove anything.
    Erm, it still doesnt sound all that much like GHB to me though, it sort of does, but I wouldnt say it was that certainly.

... :D
  • Options
    The sedative parts sound like GHB, and the suppression of the panic response.

It is this strong ephoria which sounds a bit different thats all, "crazy happy" that doesnt seem to fit to me.

How did it feel when you were drifting off, was it like falling asleep normally? Just that you were really tired?

Did you wake after about 4 hours?
  • Options
    Just had loads and loads of thoughts going round my head.
    BUt felt like i had no choice but to sleep!

Didnt sleep til 4ish and yeh was awake by 8.....
    why lol

Cheers for all your ideas, just really wondered wat it was.

Stops me worrying about it in the future.
  • Options
    the sleeping part sounds like someone might have put half a pill in there...

i mean that kind of short and late sleeping has all the hall marks of some type amphetamine...the 'loads of thoughts' could as well...

if you are quick you could ask your GP to do a drug test... all in the strictest confidence of course although if it was GHB it almost certainly will be gone as the body expells it very quickly
  • Options
    GHB the same thing happend to my friend and she had had it b4 ad new what she had been spiked with

people that spike r the dreggs of sercioty!! :mad:
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    The sedative parts sound like GHB, and the suppression of the panic response.

It is this strong ephoria which sounds a bit different thats all, "crazy happy" that doesnt seem to fit to me.

How did it feel when you were drifting off, was it like falling asleep normally? Just that you were really tired?

Did you wake after about 4 hours?

that's the thing though, her description does sound a lot like how i've been a few times on gb, espcially if i've done a tiny bit mroe than i aim too.

The tiredness of when you go over the ideal dose, the euphoricness, and hyperness i get most of the time.

i generally find that it's a bit like being on pills and a bit like bieng drunk, the better bits of each.
  • Options
    tbh honest its hard to tell...could be a high dose of GHB or a low dose of some type of amphetamine...
  • Options
    Did you leave your drink unattended at any time? It sounds as though your drink was spiked with summit.
  • Options
    How long after your last drink did you feel this sensation/symptoms
  • Options
    themouth wrote:
    GHB the same thing happend to my friend and she had had it b4 ad new what she had been spiked with

people that spike r the dreggs of sercioty!! :mad:

They are, but do you really know it was GHB? Loads of other drugs are used but they dont get the press attention.
  • Options
    lexijb wrote:
    Just had loads and loads of thoughts going round my head.
    BUt felt like i had no choice but to sleep!

Didnt sleep til 4ish and yeh was awake by 8.....
    why lol.

Hmm, I think perhaps it is likey to have been GHB then, that four hour response it quite common in those who use GHB.

GHB in high doses suppresses the dopamine response, when the drug wears off you then get whats termed as the 'dopamine bounce' which tends to wake you up. Because GHB only lasts about 4 hours or so this normally interupts sleep patterns.

The thoughts and the happiness could well be explained by the adrenaline response, you know you have been given something. You are unsure and so on, this will trigger the fight or flight response. However the GHB will calm you down, thus you were not panicing just slightly hyper.