Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Short stories

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ive got an essay to hand in tomorrow(short story), and i can't think what to write about!

can u help me with a few ideas plz!

would be much appreciated!!!!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    take a story about something that has happened to you and embelish it, flesh it out with fiction...at leas then you've got starting point...
  • Options
    thanks very much! its just i cant think of anythin!! lolol :(
  • Options
    it doesnt have to be anything particularly eventful...it can me one of the most mundane things ever, what you have to do is creat and articulate and put the reader into the position of whatever is happening at the time... :D
  • Options
    write a personal statement :P or at least a short story which is the diary of a stressed 6th former writing a personal statement
  • Options
    Monday - paper napkin salesman(!) calls on restauraNT in remote part of scotland (not covered by mobile phone netwrok) and leeaves samples. During that evening, after hours, a local writes, in drunken state, the initials of everyone he's ever met who've done something horrid to him (expand on his his stoiries) and how many years ago it was/money owed (for 'a number'), onto 'a number' of the napkins.
    Tuesday - restaurant fully booked with investment bankers. Restaurant forgets to put napkins in the washing machine - must use paper napkins.
    The rest of the plot is how to make excuses for each investment banker leaving the table in order to drive to find network coverage because each of the investors believes that the 'three intials' and 'numbers' (three initials relate to the stock ticker code - and the number could be target price) has beeen given by the banker sat opposite by way of a favour owed to him/her (expand..)
    Sorry for type-o's...rushed it!
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: