Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

GCSEs at college

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
if you are 16 and out of school, but your leaving date hasn't passed can you go to college to do your GCSEs??

and if there anyway i could go on a course so that i could get them done in 6months-a year??

thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i dont see why u cant do them.but ur best bet is to speak to the college and ask them.i supposed some colleges must do fast track courses but u would have to get in contact with them directly.i wouldnt leave it for too much longer though.
  • Options
    well, i wouldn't be going until this sort of time next year, but i just want to see what my options are before i move back. i've been out of school for over a year i don't want to go back.
  • Options
    im not certain but i think a year is the shortest you will mange it. i did my gcse maths last year through adult ed evening classes sept - june. mainly coz most of the papers are specifically for the summer exam period.
  • Options
    i did some in november time before....but anyway i'll look into it.
  • Options
    you can do gcse's in a year at college :yes:
    if you are 16 and out of school, but your leaving date hasn't passed can you go to college to do your GCSEs?
    i would think so, but your best bet is to contact the college you want to apply to and seek advice from them. :)