Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Have I got a problem?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,
I've noticed now (with the fantastical power of retrospect), that pretty much every night over the past week and a half I've been popping over to a mate's house with the sole purpose of getting stoned.
I know I'm still a teenager (just about) and I could be a phase, but it's got to the point that I look forward to it within about 2 hours of waking up for college.Waking up sucks :impissed:

Anyway - is it wrong?

Thanks budds,
Dickie :thumb: xx

Comments

• Options
    Anyway - is it wrong?

Thanks budds,
    yes and no.
    maybe maybe not.
    if it's fucking with the rest of your life ...like responsibilities etc ...it's yes
    if it's not then ...make sure it's only a phase.
  • Options
    It certainly appears as though it's becoming a wee bit obssessive for you...which, I would sugggest, is not good for your studies. I would give it a break if I were you, but I'm the last person to preach...however, readoing your post, I think you know the answr to your question already :-)
  • Options
    Jah wrote:
    I think you know the answr to your question already :-)
    i understand your reasonoing here but ...you sound like a man who has been lost occasionaly ...when we know the answers and live by them ...all is well ...ish.
    when we know them but choose to ignore them ...or the magic pixy dust deludes us ...it is easy to get lost in the maze for a while.
    am i making any sense?
  • Options
    MR - sorry, onlky just seen ur post...I'm not a gang leader...if I see someone potentially going off the rails, I'l point it out to them...after all, "they" are not there to justify my life...we make our own decisions and have no excuses. But this guy doesn't sound like a heavyweight, if you know what I mean, and my own opinion, for what its worth, is that he should cool it...unless he's got sometime remarkable to say?...actually, I'm finding it wee bit diffucult postring now!!!!!!
  • Options
    Jah wrote:
    MR - sorry, onlky just seen ur post...I'm not a gang leader...if I see someone potentially going off the rails, I'l point it out to them...after all, "they" are not there to justify my life...we make our own decisions and have no excuses. But this guy doesn't sound like a heavyweight, if you know what I mean, and my own opinion, for what its worth, is that he should cool it...unless he's got sometime remarkable to say?...actually, I'm finding it wee bit diffucult postring now!!!!!!
    i'm sure your right and difficult?
    i'm off to dreamworld as soon as this cup of velerian tea has gone down.
  • Options
    valerian + alcohol = vg acoustics - very "sharp".

I am not recommending that anyone should take the above mix. It could be dangerous ?
  • Options
    Jah wrote:
    valerian + alcohol = vg acoustics - very "sharp".

I am not recommending that anyone should take the above mix. It can be dangerous.
    i'm not recomending anyone gets out of bed tommorow ...it can be dangerous.
  • Options
    Jah wrote:

sorry non shroosms haven't got a fuckin clue what yout on about....
  • Options
    hey i know another evening has gome by
  • Options
    If you are considering whether or not its good for you then it may well be negatively affecting you.

Cut down a little or stop for a week and see how you feel, its obviously not an overwhelming addiction, but well smoking a lot when your young isnt all that good for you.

I know I managed to knacker my exam results because I smoked too much.
  • Options
    Hey,
    I've noticed now (with the fantastical power of retrospect), that pretty much every night over the past week and a half I've been popping over to a mate's house with the sole purpose of getting stoned.
    I know I'm still a teenager (just about) and I could be a phase, but it's got to the point that I look forward to it within about 2 hours of waking up for college.Waking up sucks :impissed:

Anyway - is it wrong?

Thanks budds,

Nah, nothing wrong from what i can see...although getting wasted every night will take its toll...could lead to dependency also. Taking bong hits every night was how i got started...soon led to dependency.

Look at the drop-out rates amongst stoners...and that speaks volumes. Just about every heavy dope smoker i know at my university fucked up before half way before second year. Having to re-sit etc. So my advice is to keep your guard up against becoming the stereotypical bum...it's all too easy.