Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sleep

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
following on from nmrmaks thread on going without sleep.

How much sleep do you average a night and what time do you normally go to bed and get up.

I'm normally in bed by now but am addicted to a game I'm playing

Phoenix

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    midnight afterwards. I get up between miday and 7 on college days, and 7.30 on saturday, and in the afternoon on sunday.

My sleep pattern is shot to s**t. Are we allowed to swear here?
  • Options
    I always try and get to bed before 11pm, but even if I don't then I still like to get up before 8am 99% of the time.

Suppose all that stuff my Mum used to say about "not wasting the day" when I was younger (and had to be dragged out of bed) has now had an effect.
  • Options
    never seem to get enough sleep!..allways tell myself that i,m gonna go to bed early,but never do.allways doing something to the early hours,then feel like shit at work the next day!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    never seem to get enough sleep!..allways tell myself that i,m gonna go to bed early,but never do.allways doing something to the early hours,then feel like shit at work the next day!

Same here, I say to myself "Right, early night tomorow, bed at not later than 11." Oh gosh, look, its 00:10. Always happens. :(
  • Options
    7 hours or so on average, but sometimes theres nights with 5 hours or so
  • Options
    My sleep pattern has been messed up every since I started my job in a nightclub. As when I'm working there, I don't usually get to bed till 3-4am. So during the week, when I aint working, 1am is still early for me.

So most nights, I go to bed about 2am the earliest and get up between 10am-1pm.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ah, I don't sleep well at all. I can't bring myself to lie down before 2am, and usually I stay up even hours after that. Which means that I either wake up at 1pm - 5pm the next day if there's no uni or am falling in and out of sleep during most of my time there.
    I've had teachers shout at me to wake up when I'm sleeping on a chair -even when there's no desk.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I get about 5 hours sleep a night during the week.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    wednesday-friday bed around 11-2ish depending on how i'm feeling and what i'm up to, usualy writting till late anyway up at 9.30 in college by 10.45 ish, so anything from 11-7 hours sleep. saturday-tuesday 12ish-2ish, sometimes much later if i'm in a real pensive mood. up around mid-day depending when i get woken up by my mother, or next doors kids, or the door bell or the phones, or cat jumping on my head. i sleep when i get tired. i have very deep dreamy sleep. usualy 6 dreams a night and i can remeber almost all of them.
  • Options
    I never go bed before 1, just because its been a habit since the beginning of my last year at high school. Now with college, knowing i can skip whatever lessons i want, i don't worry too much about not getting up. Usually do though, just about an hour later than i'd want to. Usually have to get up for about half 7, or 9 2 days of the week. I don't get much sleep.

Damn you snooze function :|
  • Options
    How much sleep do you average a night

At the moment I average no sleep @ night :no:
    what time do you normally go to bed and get up

There's not normality in my sleeping patterns. All I know is that after 12 hours of sleep i'm all sleeped out & I can't physically close my eyes & drift back to the land of nod again.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I normally need about 7-8 hours of sleep. If I don't get that then I need to get it the next night otherwise I don't function properly.
  • Options
    my sleep patern is well messed up.

i work in a bar / club 3-4 nights a week so if im at work there is little chance of me getting in before 3, and then il go out atleast one night a week so i find it easier to stay going to bed at around 3ish and if im in uni getting up for uni and then getting another couple of hours when i get in and then going to work when i get up again.

saying that i can go for days and days without sleep, it comes with having two jobs for the summer three years running, one of them being a day job and the other being in an all night rave.
  • Options
    I go to bed around 2-3 and wake up at 6. Better than it used to be.
  • Options
    usually i try to go to sleep by midnight, though after weekday nights out thats unlikely. i seem to wake up round 8am no matter what though, which is strange. so 8 hours i suppose
  • Options
    Anything between one and about ten these days ued too be about 3 per night but has improved since then thank god
  • Options
    How many hours sleep per night?
    I try to get as close to 9 as possible.

What time do you to bed and wake up?
    Normally go to bed at about 10.30 and go to sleep soon after. Normally get up at about 8.00 so I have half hour to get ready for school.
  • Options
    How many hours sleep per night?
    I try to get as close to 9 as possible.

What time do you to bed and wake up?
    Normally go to bed at about 10.30 and go to sleep soon after. Normally get up at about 8.00 so I have half hour to get ready for school.

Nine hours! Thats maddness. Well if it works for you.

I go to bed about 11 ish, I'm then awake anywhere between twice and loads of time before I get up at 7am. I sleep for about 3 hours at a stretch.
  • Options
    normally go between 10.30 and 12, and have to physically drag myself out of bed at 7.30 to get to work. on days when i'm really shattered, i'll have a nap in the evening too.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Nine hours! Thats maddness. Well if it works for you.

I go to bed about 11 ish, I'm then awake anywhere between twice and loads of time before I get up at 7am. I sleep for about 3 hours at a stretch.
    A Healthy Sleep Style

Morning:

* Wake up at the same time each morning refreshed and without help.
    * Have a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate if you like it and it doesn't bother you. Eat a nutritious breakfast.
    * Begin work alert with lots of energy and in a good mood.

Afternoon:

* Have a nutritious lunch.
    * Exercise by late afternoon.
    * Avoid alcohol, nicotine and caffeinated products.

Evening:

* Have a nutritious dinner.
    * Stop working and begin to relax before bedtime.
    * Eat a light, healthy snack.
    * Before bed, listen to music, read a novel, take a bath and think about your day, appreciating what you accomplished and whom you touched.
    * Make sure your sleeping environment is cool, quiet, dark and comfortable.
    * Go to bed at your regular time.

Night:

* Get a good night of 7 to 9 hours in bed with lots of deep sleep without disruptions.

http://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleeptips.cfm#5

:D
  • Options
    Yeah, sounds great, I'm only surprised because I'm envious, I havent slept more than 7 hours in a stretch in probably about a year. I havent slept more than 8 hours in over two years.
  • Options
    (For those on Page 1.) - I used to go long stretches without sleep until I read (in a medical journal) that if you forgo sleep for more than 48hrs, it puts puts a huge strain on the heart and your chances of a heart attack increases by some unbelievable percentage - never missed a nights sleep since!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Speaking of sleep:
    Yesterday, I woke up at about 8am, thinking I had to go to uni. After 9am, I found out it was closed so a couple of hours later (IIRC) I went back to bed. Woke up again at 5pm.
    Since then I didn't sleep until 3pm -today. Now it's a bit after 7 when I woke up.
  • Options
    I usually go to sleep after 1 AM, often later, and get up at either 7 AM or 9 AM, depending on school.
  • Options
    it's been done before but weekdays usually between 2am-5am, not sure, i usually sit in my bed and think and drift off but i sit and think for long sometimes...wake up at 8 or 9 (depends on my mood) for skool...it's hell at the start but i adapt eventually and at weekends....usually do all nighters and i never know really...don't have a pattern on weekends.
  • Options
    usually go to bed at 11ish, and then up about 7.30 or if im on an early, ill go to bed about 9.30 and get up at 5.50.
  • Options
    i got to bed about 5am and back out of bed at noon.
    i was up decorating all night so kept popping in here whenever i stopped for refreshment.
  • Options
    My body clock is all to bollocks, I work mainly the night shift in shops so Im not going to work until about 5, there's no point in getting up before dinner time because your just hanging around waiting to go, I usually go to bed between 2 and 4 in the morning and get up between 12 and 2.
  • Options
    I usually try to get about 9 hours sleep. I go to bed 11ish (has been getting later lately though) and if I'm working then I have to get up at about 8am-ish but if I have a day off then I usually sleep in til about 10.30ish.
  • Options
    about 4 hours