Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crime in your area

Or at least if you luve in West Yorkshire, have a look at this website and see what crime has been going on in your postcode.

http://www.beatcrime.info/

It's mildly interesting.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well thats not all that useful to me, not living there and all.

I know that crime is about double the national average in my neck of the woods.
  • Options
    not a right lot. a few burglaries, a couple of nicked cars, one episode of anti-social behaviour. i bet it was that crazy almost-100-year-old down the road. he's a right one. slap an ASBO on him.
  • Options
    Couldn't find any crime statistics on West Midlands Police website. I did find an amusing page asking people not to call the police asking where there's a chemist open though.
  • Options
    if you look on www.statistics.gov.uk you should be able to find crime statistics in your area. my area is relatively crime-less...

eta: link fixed, missed the s
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Mines pretty calm overall, few bits being nicked from cars though.
  • Options
    if you look on statistic.gov.uk you should be able to find crime statistics in your area..

Whats the actuall adress for that? Cause i tried it with a www infront and it says cannot be found.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Whats the actuall adress for that? Cause i tried it with a www infront and it says cannot be found.
    try www.statistics.gov.uk

In fact yes, it is that, then click neighbourhood to get your area.
  • Options
    try www.statistics.gov.uk

In fact yes, it is that, then click neighbourhood to get your area.

Ohh yes thank you.

It's just that thing that Tweety posted the other day and where i live is pretty good until you get to the theft from a motor vehicle where the rate is 13.9/1000 in Charnwood as opposed to 11.9/1000 for the rest of the uk.

I think i can sleep safely at night anyway.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Ohh yes thank you.

It's just that thing that Tweety posted the other day and where i live is pretty good until you get to the theft from a motor vehicle where the rate is 13.9/1000 in Charnwood as opposed to 11.9/1000 for the rest of the uk.

in hinckley & bosworth they're all lower than the national avg. :p
  • Options
    in hinckley & bosworth they're all lower than the national avg. :p

You live in hinckley shyboy? You have my pity :p
  • Options
    beans wrote:

I can't :nervous:

For where I am at uni the crime rate is above the uk rate in alll of them.
    For where I live at home, the rate is below on all of them.

I think I want to go home :(
  • Options
    on the west yorks one im sure my crime rate is much higher than it should be as i am classed as birkby/fartown when im in edgerton which is a really nice area while fartown isnt
  • Options
    Mel-H wrote:
    on the west yorks one im sure my crime rate is much higher than it should be as i am classed as birkby/fartown when im in edgerton which is a really nice area while fartown isnt

we share a postcode with harehills and gipton (think falluja), which usually skew the figures.

but i think that west yorkshire one took account of the second bit of postcode, which they normally don't, so it was pretty accurate.
  • Options
    it must have done because we were well below the average for everything other than robbing cars which sounds pretty acurate to me.
  • Options
    There's hardly any crime in the whole county I live in. Excellent news...
  • Options
    Coventry is above the national figure for everything and twice the national figure for robbery and burglary. No surprise there then.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    You live in hinckley shyboy? You have my pity :p

Grobeh. I noticed how corrupted the leicester 'lestah' accent is. Ratbeh, Hinkleh and boswerf etc etc.

I live in Groby. Better than charnwood :p
  • Options
    i trust my insurance company more ...they say i live in a very low crime area ...
    i think the main crime here is horse and cattle rustling.
    sometimes ...a hundred sheep will dissapear overnight from a farmers field ...big tyre tracks across the field are all that is to be seen.
    but cattle and horse theives work big time around here.
  • Options
    Grobeh. I noticed how corrupted the leicester 'lestah' accent is. Ratbeh, Hinkleh and boswerf etc etc.

I live in Groby. Better than charnwood :p

lol yes i know i only figured out a couple of years ago when it was pointed out to me that i pronounce it 'lessdah' ahh it sounds so common!

And psh, i live in Birstall so you only live about 10 minutes away, scary huh :nervous: :p
  • Options
    i have to sleep in the car if i want to keep it....
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    *sigh* When will people learn? HTML doesn't work...
  • Options
    J wrote:
    bOLLOCKS. i WAS TRYING TO INSERT A TABLE... yOU'LL HAVE TO READ THE STATS OFF THAT. dEAL WITH IT.
    jschart2ja.jpg
  • Options
    where i live the rape and violent crime rate is twice the national average :s
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Where I live crime is very low despite the fact we have hunderds of cackers in the villages round where I live.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    we share a postcode with harehills and gipton (think falluja), which usually skew the figures.

but i think that west yorkshire one took account of the second bit of postcode, which they normally don't, so it was pretty accurate.

Beatcrime.info uses your whole postcode to work out which police beat you are in and shows you the crimes & crime rates for that whole beat, not just your postcode area. Beats vary in size depending on the area and the policing requirements. City center beats are generally smaller than rural beats, which is something you need to bear in mind when you're looking at the dots on maps.
    If you're just looking at an area without knowing the postcode, you can drill down from West Yorkshire.

Those in WY who've looked at it, what do you think, is there more or less crime in your area than you expected or is it about what you thought?

B