Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A Q for all the veggies!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how many of you that are vegatarian eat fish?/
i was arguing with my school, because on mon we have to go in for a special day thing & the options 4 dinner are fish or chicken curry! when i asked about the veggie option they said the fish was it!
are they right or am i in the right to complain?? as it is i dont have a meal provided for me on Mon!! Bloody school!!

Comments

• Options
    in my opinion if you eat fish your not a vegitarian, i mean fish is a meat, an animal, right?
  • Options
    True vegatarians don't eat fish, how can they justify killing a fish and not an animal?

I was veggie for 2 years and never ate fish...couldn't understand the logic behind it.
  • Options
    thats what i thought! i havent eaten meat or fish in 7 yrs, but the school was adamant that it was a vegatarian option! i think it is discusting, im diabetic and so need to eat proper food at a proper time & if they aint gonna provide it then im not going in!
    Seems fair!
    (soz got a bit carried away there)
  • Options
    you didn't, you have a right to get a vegatarian course, Look, go in but DEMAND a proper vegatarian meal, if thye say that it is say no, thats a pescetarian meal ;) Should work a treat hun
  • Options
    yea i would but i dont think i can even say that name! i think im just going to have to take my own dinner in! i cant risk not taking anything and then finding out i have nothing, hich could make me ill! but on the other hand........
  • Options
    Take a packed lunch.
  • Options
    Take in something but atleast TRY to get your meal, keep the packed lunch as a back up, Tbh it's also about principle they should supply a vegitarian option right?

Isn't there some law about it, I'm pretty sure there is if not there should be
  • Options
    yea i think i will! btw what does Tbh mean?
  • Options
    take a packrd lunch in for the medical reasons but still fight it i say, your in the right so take it to the head master/mistress or the board of govenors if so, it could be quite fun to get one over the dinner dogs :D
  • Options
    btw what does Tbh mean?

:lol: oh the irony!

(tbh is an abreviation of to be honest :yes: )

as for the vege option, you most definately have the right to have one available to you...

although you could take a packed lunch, like someone already said
  • Options
    yea i think it coulod b quite fun! they piss me off so much! I'll go see my head of year on Mon!
  • Options
    Good luck and least pm me and tell me how it goes ;)
  • Options
    you are entitled to a true veggie option - fish is NOT a veggie option,still an animal etc. the definition of veggie option in my mums managment guide (shes a chef) is " a meal containing no meat or animal products,such as rennet from cheese, made with ingrediants that are suitable for veggies"
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Take a packed lunch.

What I would advise.
  • Options
    yeah, thats what my old school said about lamb. :rolleyes:

but spain and veggies don't go together......just like being non catholic and spain don't go together.....or many other things.....*goes off to rant about how much she's really fedup of this place*
  • Options
    " a meal containing no meat or animal products,such as rennet from cheese, made with ingrediants that are suitable for veggies"
    Exactly. That's why some stuff that looks veggie isn't labelled as such (rennet, etc).

Your school's out of line and I'm sure other people were affected so if I were you I'd complain. Good luck!
  • Options
    I had this problem when I was at school. I got a petition together of all people who supported a decent healthy vegetarian option every day - not just pizza and chips. LOADS of people signed,including meat eaters. I sent it off to the education authorities aslong with info from the vegetarian society which included recipes.
    They responded and changed the menu so there was at least one decent veggie option a day.
  • Options
    Why should she take a packed lunch because they aren't providing a vegetarian option. I bet if she were a hindu or something it'd be a different matter altogether.
  • Options
    they normally offer salaad or soup or summit, but coz it supposed 2 b a training day they are only offering 2 set meals. (we have to go in for a theame day) they no that im the only veggie in the 6th form, so they said they cant justify cooking something different just for me!
  • Options
    Well they kinda have to really....but if you want a proper meal why not cook some nice pasta stuff the night before and get them to heat it up for you?
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    Well they kinda have to really....but if you want a proper meal why not cook some nice pasta stuff the night before and get them to heat it up for you?

they would probably moan about that 2!! but pasta does sound nicer than sandwiches!! i suppose i could always eat it cold if they do!! thanx! ill tink i'll take pasta in! :thumb:
  • Options
    meat eaters can eat vegetarian food too. I think theyre just fobbing you off with excuses.
  • Options
    Oh... my god.. What abunch of cheap assholes.. I would go mad..
  • Options
    Yeah I know a few people who call themselves vegetarian but eat fish, but vegetarians do definitely not eat fish! I guess they'll be telling you you're a vegan next! :rolleyes: I hate the way they assume that meat eaters will always want to eat meat/fish at every single meal as well, at uni I am catered and one of the most popular dishes with the meat-eaters is macaroni cheese!