Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need help! Estate Agent/Landlord problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello forum :)

I found this site while searching for tenancy laws and rights, and I need some advice.

I can never get in contact with my landlord, things need fixed in this place and i've been waiting since september, but there's a more serious problem.

The estate agent whom we went through to get the apartment is a bit shifty we think. Our rent is set up with direct debit, but on the offchance that there is a problem we personally pay the agent to give to our landlord.

The Estate Agent tells me that if we are any more than 20 days in arears with the rent we can be evicted?! Is this true?? I thought it was a few months.

I need someone to fill me in on my rights as a tenant, as ive been pushed around for far too long :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    TatsuyA wrote:
    Hello forum :)

I found this site while searching for tenancy laws and rights, and I need some advice.

I can never get in contact with my landlord, things need fixed in this place and i've been waiting since september, but there's a more serious problem.

The estate agent whom we went through to get the apartment is a bit shifty we think. Our rent is set up with direct debit, but on the offchance that there is a problem we personally pay the agent to give to our landlord.

The Estate Agent tells me that if we are any more than 20 days in arears with the rent we can be evicted?! Is this true?? I thought it was a few months.

I need someone to fill me in on my rights as a tenant, as ive been pushed around for far too long :banghead:

Does it not all depend also on the contract that you signed. If I were you I would look at the contract and go through it carefully and if there is anything suspect in it/different to what you have since been told speak to your Citizen's Advice Bureau.
  • Options
    you might want to ask our housing experts over at www.thesite.org/community/askthesite
  • Options
    You need to look at your lease.