Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Enconding video

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there any programs that can speed up encoding video data, atm i am using express nero but it's 1 % every 2/3 min :(

I just wanna speed this encoding up, it's kind of annoying me,

Also, im using Packard Bell 80minute cd's, any chance it'll fit 90minutes of footage on it, the size of the file is only 560meg and the disk is 700meg, but the time is 10min short.

Comments

• Options
    Encode it WMV, and there's no way to speed it up, more ram ight help tho. I takes me any up to an hour to copy a DVD. What speed CD-r do you have? MPEG Encoder is pretty quick.
  • Options
    it's takes 4hours for one vcd, i g ot a 56x cd burner,
  • Options
    By the way, just incase you though "what the fuck is he trying to type?" - my keyboard if feged, that's why I miss letters, etc.

Any way, it shouldn't take 4 hours unless you got a slow system, how much ram you got?
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    Is there any programs that can speed up encoding video data, atm i am using express nero but it's 1 % every 2/3 min :(

I just wanna speed this encoding up, it's kind of annoying me,

Also, im using Packard Bell 80minute cd's, any chance it'll fit 90minutes of footage on it, the size of the file is only 560meg and the disk is 700meg, but the time is 10min short.

Not sure what it is your trying to convert from what to what, but this is mainly a hardware issue you need a faster PC, but try SpeedXP

My Athlon 1800 MHz enocdes a DVD to DivX at a rate of about 25 to 30 frames per second and does it twice for each movie to get better quality.
  • Options
    haha i only have 64meg ram, the system i am running is shit,

it's converting it from avi to something i dunno, it doesn't say, just saying so it'll run on VCD
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    haha i only have 64meg ram, the system i am running is shit,

it's converting it from avi to something i dunno, it doesn't say, just saying so it'll run on VCD

64mb and what processor?

what os?

Mine has 512 mb of RAM and I think it's slow .. not for normal useage but for Xvid / DivX encoding it takes the length of the movie times 2 as it does each movie in two passes.

Having said that I've looked at faster processors and from reviews seen that even if I had a 3 GHz processor it would make that much of a difference - certainly not for the money they cost!! I leave mine to do it job when I go to sleep and when it's done the PC turns it'self off anyway.