Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Sun appreciation thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think it's about time we had an appreciation thread for The Sun paper. I know people don't like it but you have to admit it is an outstanding paper! It wouldn't be our nations #1 best selling paper if it wasn't, let's celebrate the out standing work The Sun has done for us, the people of the United Kingdom!

Let's stop going about how much the other papers bullshit (Express, Telegraph, etc). Read The Sun and become a better human being.

Comments

• Options
    :lol: *laughs hysterically* :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol:

Right...
  • Options
    :lol:

I really hope this is sarcasm:)
  • Options
    loooooooool.

I do actually sometimes read it, great for sport transfer rumours but not good if you want a thrilling political read.

Though I suppose the public define what "news" they want and as the Sun is the number 1 selling paper ahead of the Mail and Mirror then they must be doing something right.
  • Options
    Read The Sun and become a better human being.
    *struggles to stop one's self from pissing my pants in laughter at this thread whilst rolling around on the floor in hysterics*
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    The Sun is the best selling English daily in the world, not just in the UK, so it must be doing something right!

it's either them doing something right or there's just too many braindeads in the world....... :chin:
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    The Sun is the best selling English daily in the world, not just in the UK, so it must be doing something right!

And maccyds is the biggest "restuarant" chain in the world.....

I've tried to find what the Suns advertising budget is, and failed.

maccyd spends more on advertising than the entire budget of quite a few states.

:nervous:
  • Options
    the real reason is that no one is really interested in politics these days, yes the war has got blood racing again but generally, people don't give a toss, they'd rather read about the sex lives of some person who's only popular cos he's on a T.V. screen, what a world, eh?
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    Face the facts... right wing dailies in this country mean big business.

so many mistakes, innacuracies, arrogance, misunderstanding of human behaviours in that statement, right wing dailies/big business :lol: there's no such thing as right and left these days, just corruption.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    There clearly is, most of the press in this country is right wing and shapes publics opinion well.

:banghead:

you've alot to learn, there's more to life and opinion than words on a page luke, right wing is just a label slapped on an ideal, just groupings really, it's all pointless at the end of the day. absurd.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    Gee you get wound up so easily :)

You have a lot to learn too, in terms of spelling...
    "you've alot to learn" Incorrect
    You've a lot to learn. Correct.

:lol::D :thumb:

luke trying to give me a lesson in english now that is truly funny :lol:

sorry not my fault you're a gimp. :thumb:
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    You obviously can't spell the simpliest words such as "A lot". I think its time to go back to primary school. :)

a lot, funny that, i thought a lot was two words, must still be living in fantasy world eh luke. i do english literature for A-level, would you like a discussion on the role of protagonists in shakesparean tragedy or the themes associated with post 1945 american and British drama, no thought not.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    You do English and can't spell a lot? LOL WOW exam standards are definitley dropping then.

No I wouldn't like to discuss them as I have never studied them in my life :).

do you genuinely think that i don't know how to spell a lot properly? i spell it like alot because it's a lot ;) handier for me to write it like that. simple as.

i'm just making a point that i have a good standard of english.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    Not very convincing, I bet you wasn;t good at drama either.

:confused: ok you're right, i didn't get a B in my english A/S levels and i'm a shit actor, i don't do drama by the way, just study it as part of my english A2 course but what the hey it's luke, anything goes.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    right lets move on as this is rediculous.

rediculous??? oh you must mean ridiculous yes i agree it is ridiculous but saying as it's in a bullshit thread, it's perfectly acceptable.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:
    I think the only thing I am good at is arm wrestling.

Talking shite also.

You're amazing at that :yes: .

But...fair play for agreeing with cannabis legalisation in the drugs forum, you obviously aren't as stubborn as some may think.
  • Options
    lukesh wrote:

yeah it appeals to the lowest common denominator, the fact the sun is so popular says something about the mentality of the brits these days.........
    lukesh wrote:
    Face the facts... right wing dailies in this country mean big business.

i don't think you get it luke, right wing left wing it's all a big distraction.......fact is media ownership is all in the same hands these days, it's so concentrated there's no way you can hope for an independent free press.........the people who own the sun are the same people who own the times........
  • Options
    i despair luke, you're not wrong when you say you have learning difficulties..........
  • Options
    The fact that people buy the Sun is conclusive proof that stuipid people shouldn't be allowed the vote.

I'm glad Aladdin finally got the point we were making, too.
  • Options
    what are you talking about...? and if its so obvious, why are you still parroting about right wing/left wing, you clearly are the confused one........