Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

virgin at 17

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am a little ashamed to be writing this but i really need some good advice. i am now nearly 17 and i am still a virgin, i have had numerous amounts of blow jobs and have been told loads of times i have a huge dick but i have never slept with a girl. i have often been offered "sex on a plate" so to speak but i have never had the guts to take them up on their offers. i dont no why this is because i am not a shy guy and i am very confident when chatting up girls, so anyone with a few good pointers for me please let me no because i am dying to loose my virginity. thanks people :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Who care if your a virgin at 17? It should be something that you should wait to do and make it special rather than rush into it.
  • Options
    Dosnt realy sound like youve got a problem if youve been getting all there blow jobs Id never had one before I lost mine.

I think your nervous about what to do, shorly one of those girls who gave you blow jobs would be prepared to slep with you but you were to nervous to ask/persuade them to do this.

Probably you should take up one of these "offers on a plate"
    I dont mean to be harsh but most guys who are virgins and want to lose it would never have had this offer and if they did would take it up quickly, so what are you winging about.

The "pollicically correct" advise it to make sure your comfortable with somone you care about, and go at your own speed blah blah blah,

But my advice is to call up one of thopse girls take them on a date pub or cinima then thke them home and do it, realy sex isnt that difficult,
  • Options
    i am a little ashamed to be writing this but i really need some good advice. i am now nearly 17 and i am still a virgin..
    ...so anyone with a few good pointers for me please let me no because i am dying to loose my virginity. thanks people :banghead:

as has been said, there is nothing wrong with being 17 and still a virgin. I lost mine when i was 18, many of my friends (in fact most) still havent lost theirs and do not feel ashamed of this, nor are they in a hurry to loose it. different people are ready for different things at different times...no need to be ashamed of this!
  • Options
    i am a little ashamed to be writing this but i really need some good advice. i am now nearly 17 and i am still a virgin,

virgin at 19 :wave: its not a big deal :/
  • Options
    Amira wrote:
    virgin at 19 :wave: its not a big deal :/

Exactly
  • Options
    Virgin at 17? What exactly is to be ashamed of in the fact you didn't jump into bed with someone at the very first chance?
  • Options
    i dont no why this is because i am not a shy guy and i am very confident when chatting up girls, so anyone with a few good pointers for me please let me no because i am dying to loose my virginity. thanks people :banghead:

i think it may be because deep down you'd really rather loose it to somebody who means alot to you, and you are in a relationship with! maybe im wrong, but there's nothing wrong with not having sex at 17. it isnt a big rush, or a competition, so just do it whenever it feels right for YOU! dont do it because of other people.
    SBG
  • Options
    Being a virgin at 17 is something to be proud of.
  • Options
    I lost my virginity at 19 and to a guy i was with for over a year. dont worry about it. im glad i waited and didnt sleep with some twat.

dont sleep with someone just to get rid of it. you'll only regret it.
  • Options
    Probably you should take up one of these "offers on a plate". Call up one of those girls, take them on a date, then take them home and do it.
    That sounds slightly sleazy to me, but that's just a personal thing.

I can't understand how these girls are willing to give him oral sex but nothing more. The reason you haven't taken up offers of sex is possibly nerves, possibly not wanting to look back later in regret at the experience. Don't rush this. There seems to be an increasingly sad phenomenon of people trying to lose their virginity as quickly as possible as if it were something to be ashamed of where infact it is nothing of the kind.
  • Options
    Would you rather you had lost it when you was 15 when you was drunk to some meaningless random?

Theres nothing wrong with being a virgin at 17 just hold out untill your ready, you have the rest of your life for all that kinda stuff anyway so there is no need to rush.
  • Options
    My advice?

Go out, have a few drinks, take someone home. Long term relationship sex is so much better but it's highly unlikely having stupidity as a personality trait will improve your chances if she has the opportunity to find out about it.

Oh, and please, please, please use protection.
  • Options
    iya i lost my virginity at the age of 15 but to someone i didnt really care about if i could turn back time i would.

i think you should lose your virginity only to the right person who you are prepared to spend a long relationship with.

virgin at 19 is nothing bad at all :cool:
  • Options
    Its not a race to see who can do it first. Im sure you aint going to lose any mates over it and surely it will be better to wait for someone you care about than any old person
  • Options
    Who cares how old you are!!

Dont feel any pressure!!

You will know when its right for you!!
    Just let things happen and enjoy!
    Not everything is about sex!
  • Options
    J wrote:
    It's strange how most religions say you should only have sex with someone who you are prepared to spend the rest of your life with.
    It seems that everyone here is saying they wish they could turn back time and be a virgin, then have sex with someone they really care about.
    How many people get married to epople they don't care about? Not many i hope.
    Mmmm, that leads me to the conclusion that the advice of these religions comes from a great deal of wisdom, and understanding of the way the mind works and how relationships should last for a more harmonious spiritual life.
    Even if you don't believe in God, there's still a great deal of helpful information to be found by listening to what these ancient wise men had to say for themselves.

How well do you know your bible? God's rather inconsistent on this.
  • Options
    i dont understand how u can be so desperate to lose yet havent chosen to do with one of ur many offers.makes no sense! do u js wana lose to random+not care who or do u want person to mean something to u??
  • Options
    I was a virgin at 19

whats better - have a meaningful first time and a memory you can treasure or a meaningless fumble just to get rid of the V label?

i regret my first time with a guy bitterly and wish i@d never done it

phoenix
  • Options
    J wrote:
    I've only ever read John and Revelation in detail... (I suggest John is where you start btw)
    I get the jist, I see the plan. It's not so much following it word for word in my opinion, it's more to build up your general understanding and wisdom.

I'd start with Genesis. God did.

Landover Baptist - Possibly the greatest website in the world
  • Options
    ..And on the seventh day, God made rohypnol.

:D
  • Options
    sadly
  • Options
    i am a little ashamed to be writing this but i really need some good advice. i am now nearly 17 and i am still a virgin

You wanna switch? I lost mine at 15 to THE worst person ever...caused me way too much hassle than I needed just before my GCSE's and I would much rather still be a virgin now than it be like it is.

Don't be ashamed of it.
  • Options
    :yeees:

You've been getting blow-jobs off the handle yet still complaining about not having sex?

Greedy son of a bitch, aren't ya?
  • Options
    z0ma wrote:
    ..And on the seventh day, God made rohypnol.

:D
    And on the 8th day, God said "OK, Murphy, let's see what you can do." :p

Back to the topic at hand:
    I lost my virginity when I was 19 for all the wrong reasons and it really fucked me up for the better part of a year. Don't be ashamed of virginity, it's not a bad thing. Do it when you know you're ready, not when you think you want to. Trust me :)
  • Options
    im 20, my bf is 21, we're still virgins and been together a year!
  • Options
    I didn't lose my virginity until I was 19, I really wouldn't worry. I had chances to before, but waited till it felt right. I'd try not to worry about it, else you'll get yourself all worked up and worried about nothing.
  • Options
    The "pollicically correct" advise it to make sure your comfortable with somone you care about, and go at your own speed blah blah blah,

So much better to suggest that losing your viginity should just be a "wham-bam-thank you mam" thing, eh?

People should wait until they are ready, should wait until it is someone they care about. Casual sex causes some many problems...
    But my advice is to call up one of thopse girls take them on a date pub or cinima then thke them home and do it, realy sex isnt that difficult,

You're right, it isn't physically difficult. However, it's is an emotional thing too...
  • Options
    I was a virgin until today ( :yippe: ) and i'm 18 and a half. As you said my body is fine and i wouldn't consider myself unattractive its just the time hasn't been right until now. It's no big deal mate, just dont go out looking for it - your day will come! :wave:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Im a virgin at 17. I don't care, TBH.
    I could die now, and I wouldn't care I didn't shag someone. When I do i'll wait until I am with someone who feels "right".
    Don't just sleep with any old one is what i've been told, and I am not going to.
  • Options
    as you can see, all of those who are still virgins are proud of it, and most of those who arent regret not waiting (and i agree). do what you think is right, but i would seriously consider what that is saying. theres a reason why so many of us wish we could change our first time. please dont rush.