Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

White hair dye, help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, heres the deal.
* I need white hair dye, dont know where to get it. I live in south London, so a name of a place in this area would be great.
* I've heard you need to bleach your hair. I've never done this before, will it damage my hair? And i don't want the dye to be permanent, if possible. Oh, and i have dark brown hair, incase thats important.
Any help would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Options
    You might get a better response inthe fashion forum :)

As for white hair dye i have never come across it apart from them horrible spray on party spray things you get in a can. The only way i could see your hair going white was to bleach it and then use one of them toner things over the top of that, but as you said you don't want it doing permanantly i don't think it can be done.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    As for white hair dye i have never come across it apart from them horrible spray on party spray things you get in a can. The only way i could see your hair going white was to bleach it and then use one of them toner things over the top of that, but as you said you don't want it doing permanantly i don't think it can be done.

:yes:

what she said.

bleaching dark brown hair to pure white would probably near on destroy your hair anyway. you may be better off investing in a wig.
  • Options
    My friend, who has dark brown hair, had a section of her hair dyed white using bleach. The hairdresser did it though, not a home job. However, why dont you think about getting extensions put in? I assume you dont want your whole hair dyed white? Hairdressers can put those "fashion colour" pieces in for about £4 each and i reckon they could get white :)
  • Options
    Auditioning for a part in X-Men?
  • Options
    to get your hair white you'd have to bleach it blonde first, and then use white/silver hair colouring, obviously, the bleaching will be permenant, no other way to do it i'm afriad.