Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Conjunctivitus (sp!?)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My otherhalf has got it, and he's a whimp and wont put any eye drops in his eye, all he'll use is hot water!! Is there anything else apart from eye drops that can be used to treat it? Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    did you have to get it from the doctors?
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:

Thank you :)

I really need to learn to look at that site first!
  • Options
    theres an ointment but it still needs to be applied to the eye

nasty, id recommened keeping your distance until a couple of days after its cleared
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I would also suggest getting it seen to asap. We have a friend round the corner who didn't go to the doctors about it and it got so bad that he needed to go to A&E because it had covered his eye completely.

So moral of that story. Don't be a wimp, get it sorted as it will be better in the long run.
  • Options
    He's not a wimp. He's a fuckwit.

Doctors don't give out drugs for the good of their health you know...
  • Options
    I had conjunctivitis once and I hated using the eyedrops. But it's one of those things where you have to bite the bullet and just get on with it.

Your eyesight is not something to be taken for granted.
  • Options
    I got conjuctivitus and the doctor said it would clear up... next day had to go to hospital and was there for a week on antibiotics through a drip. :birthday:
  • Options
    i got this once when i was camping in the middle of norfolk........great.

I got bacterial conjuctivitus so i felt like i had flu for about a week (still whist camping), and i had to use salt eye baths twice a day and antibacterial drops every 2 hours.
  • Options
    He's not a wimp. He's a fuckwit.

Doctors don't give out drugs for the good of their health you know...

Lol, he hasnt been to the doctors yet!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    why doesnt he just go to the docs?it clears up quite quick if you catch it early....and i agree with the comment about your eyesight not being taken for granted. tell him u dont wanna catch it (its very contagious) so unless he goes to the docs he'll have to not see ya for a while! haha

:yes:

If he doesn't go it will get worse. You need drugs to clear up conjunctivitus.
  • Options
    *TiNK* wrote:
    My otherhalf has got it, and he's a whimp and wont put any eye drops in his eye, all he'll use is hot water!! Is there anything else apart from eye drops that can be used to treat it? Thanks :)

He will most likely be given cream. The cream is a pain in the ass to use, but it's better than not being able to see.

Also if he is merrily splashing water over his eyes, then he's probably cross-infecting them, which means he will get worse.