Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just a Q!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
as i have already posted before, i have problems with my right arm and the doctors think it may be inflamation of the brain. the other morning when i tried to get up, i couldnt move my right leg, it went away after about an hour so i wasnt too bothered, but when i mentioned this to 2 people i work with they were really concerned and said i shoud go bak to the doctor, i dont think this is nessasary, i was just wondering if you think i should!

Comments

• Options
    i would just to make sure it's nothing serious
  • Options
    Yep. That's not normal is it?
  • Options
    Def mention it to the doctor. The more info they have the better. Hope everything goes ok. Is always worse when your waiting for tests or results!
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Yep. That's not normal is it?

no i no its not normal, but i thought it was just the way i slept! i just dont want to be going and bugging the doctor f it is nothing! ive been there an awful lot latly!
  • Options
    exactly, so if you know you've been ill, you need to check this isn't another side effect or a worsening of the symptoms you already have :) hope it's all ok
  • Options
    no i no its not normal, but i thought it was just the way i slept! i just dont want to be going and bugging the doctor f it is nothing! ive been there an awful lot latly!

Aye, better to leave him alone if it's something serious eh?

Really, it always makes me laugh when people say "I don't want to bother my doctor..." afterall it's what they are paid for.
  • Options
    Aye, better to leave him alone if it's something serious eh?

Really, it always makes me laugh when people say "I don't want to bother my doctor..." afterall it's what they are paid for.

Agreed, mostly. In this case, definately. What you've described isn't normal and should definately be checked out m'dear :)
  • Options
    ok, guess i shoud go! i'll go tommoz and let yo know what he says!
  • Options
    ok, guess i shoud go! i'll go tommoz and let yo know what he says!
    Tomorrow? He won't be there. ;)
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Tomorrow? He won't be there. ;)
    ok ok i ment monday, i thought it was sunday!
    shit ant go min, have a meeting hehe guess it'll have 2 b another day! :)
    anyway i cant be blamed im in wales, we are a bit backwards here!!
  • Options
    If your brain's inflamed and you can't move your leg, I suggest you make it a priority. ;)
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    If your brain's inflamed and you can't move your leg, I suggest you make it a priority. ;)
    it is mainly my arm that dont work, i couldnt move my leg for like an hour thas it!! anyway ive been refered for a scan, so they wont be able to do anything for it untill ive had that anyway!!

On top of all that Im scared!! i dont want 2 go coz i no it will be bad news!
    :(
  • Options
    ok ok i ment monday, i thought it was sunday!
    shit ant go min, have a meeting hehe guess it'll have 2 b another day! :)
    anyway i cant be blamed im in wales, we are a bit backwards here!!
    hey! :p i resent that. i'm from wales as well and not all of us are backwards :p
  • Options
    hey! :p i resent that. i'm from wales as well and not all of us are backwards :p

well, ok where I live we are all backwards!! anywayz im not welsh! so i dont mind!! JOKE!!!
  • Options
    personally If I knew I had an inflamation of the brain, and then I started having problems with one side of my body, Id at the very least call the out of hours doctor, or NHS direct.
    You may find they recommend you to go to the hospital because it could be serious.
  • Options
    personally If I knew I had an inflamation of the brain, and then I started having problems with one side of my body, Id at the very least call the out of hours doctor, or NHS direct.
    You may find they recommend you to go to the hospital because it could be serious.

i dont no that i have inflammation of the brain, it what they think it may be! i have to go for a scan in 2 weeks to find out! so id rather wait till then!
  • Options
    youre being foolish to wait.
    seriously.
    This is your BRAIN we`re talking about.
    At the very least call NHS direct on 0845 46 47. They are trained nurses and they will tell you what you need to do. Ive used them loads and theyre really good, especially when youre not 100% sure whether you need a hospital/doctor or not.
    problems with the right hand side of your body could indicate a problem with the left hand side of your brain and vice versa. When people have strokes, they often end up losing control of one side of their body. You REALLY need to get it checked out.
  • Options
    I've got to agree with rainbow brite here. How much have you been told about the "inflammation of the brain"?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    i dont no that i have inflammation of the brain, it what they think it may be! i have to go for a scan in 2 weeks to find out! so id rather wait till then!
    This is a worst-case scenario, but not impossible: You could go there in 2 weeks and find out it'd have been a lot easier to heal if you'd gone now. Or something worse happening before you go.
    Don't forget the "Better safe than sorry" saying. It's a lot better to know that there's nothing important wrong with you now than later finding out there is and it's too late.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I've got to agree with rainbow brite here. How much have you been told about the "inflammation of the brain"?

i havent been told alot
    about ringing nhs direct, im partially deaf, so im very consious bout talking on the fone, i cant always understand what is being said! so i cant really phone them!
  • Options
    The plot thickens...I'm guessing this brain thing has been going on for a while and you are already being seen by a consultant about it...?

NHS Direct has a textphone service available on 0845 606 4647.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    The plot thickens...I'm guessing this brain thing has been going on for a while and you are already being seen by a consultant about it...?

NHS Direct has a textphone service available on 0845 606 4647.
    bout 2 months, ive been seen by a dr @ the HOT clinic.
    i dont have a textfone, my mum normaly rings things for me, but she is out of the country! so im stuck!!
  • Options
    I don't know what HOT stands for, but you should go straight back to your GP if you get these symptoms again. S/he may want you to have the scan sooner if you are getting these symptoms more regularly.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    I don't know what HOT stands for, but you should go straight back to your GP if you get these symptoms again. S/he may want you to have the scan sooner if you are getting these symptoms more regularly.

i dont no what they stand for either, something othopedic trauma (i think)
    it was only once! and it only lasted bout 1 hour, my scan is in 2 weeks anyway!
  • Options
    so youve had a bang to the skull or another bone?
  • Options
    just 2 let u no, i was going to go to the doctor on mon but the cue was too long, so i went to school instead! I havent had chance since, but i havent had anything more tan a headache and my arm, so im goining to wait untill my scan and see what they say first!