Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For about 3 years now I've had hair growing between my two eyebrows. This may sound a bit like a unibrow thing and if I'd left the hair it probably would be but I've been shaving it. This does prevent it from growing but I'm 18 now and I'm having to shave it every day :crazyeyes It's not a major problem but it does bother me - I suppose that's why I decided to shave it in the first place. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers on how to deal with it or to hear from any people who have similar problems.

Comments

• Options
    You're really doing yourself more harm than good, by shaving it. By shaving, you're making the hair grow back faster, thicker and more noticable.

If you're brave enough, book an appointment for an eyebrow wax. It's time effective, even if it's not cost effective. It costs me around £8 for an eyebrow wax, but it lasts for around 2 weeks before I need to touch them up with tweezers...

That's another option - invest in a pair of really decent tweezers - I recommend 'Tweezerman' tweezers, although they don't come cheap (mine were around £16) but they're the best around.

You see, there are much better and easier ways to remove a unibrow, than shaving!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Yeah, cheers for the advice. Might for for the tweezers option! It was fine to begin with but having to deal with it every day is starting to get me down.

Cheers for the friendly reply, seems like a nice place this...
  • Options
    let it grow then wax or pluck it.it will las longer and be finer
  • Options
    You're really doing yourself more harm than good, by shaving it. By shaving, you're making the hair grow back faster, thicker and more noticable.

Thats a myth, shaving blunts the ends which makes it appear thicker but it is not actually altering the hair. While plucking on the other hand can make the hairs grow back thinner and they won't have the blunt tip, once you have done it a couple of times it doesn't even hurt anymore, and you can do this at home rather than having the embaressment of someone else wax it.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    Thats a myth, shaving blunts the ends which makes it appear thicker but it is not actually altering the hair. While plucking on the other hand can make the hairs grow back thinner and they won't have the blunt tip, once you have done it a couple of times it doesn't even hurt anymore, and you can do this at home rather than having the embaressment of someone else wax it.

Hey nice tip, cheers :wave:
  • Options
    Or you could get electrolysis.
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Or you could get electrolysis.

Good point and I have thought about it but I would be worried as it's rather close to my eyes :nervous: Dunno really, laser treatment would be as effective but again, a laser in close proximity to my eyes doesn't sound too apealing.

Cheers though :)