Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Peak Oil - a myth?....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well in recent years the mainstream media has reported on the likelihood that production of oil will peak soon if it hasn't already, and many have interpreted this as the reason for america trying to grab the middle east.........i also believed this until recently, the hubbert curve looks very convincing and seems mathematically plausible........anyone who has looked into peak oil knows that although reserves will never run dry, supply will not be able to reach future demand and this is the problem.......if you look at how oil companies have been consolidating and merging recently, lying about reserves, and the lack of exploration into new fields, this pattern suggests they know this......mike ruppert's been ranting about this for a while now (anybody seen end of suburbia?)....

but there are several things which do not fit so neatly.....

firstly is the matter of underground coal fires , something i didn't even know about til recently, which is surprising as they are quite widespread (esp in China and India)........now coal like oil is hydro-carbon based, therefore supposedly non-renewable......what i bet you didn't know is that some coal fires have been dated back to the Pleistocene Era (a long time ago) ........so these fires have been raging a long time, some estimates suggest they are responsible for 2-3% of annual global CO2 emissions (about as much as america’s cars pump out in a year).......in china alone the band of fires stretches across a range 5000km long and 700km wide, so that's an awful lot of coal getting burnt over a long period of time.........if this hasn’t managed to deplete the supply, how has mankind managed to do this in a fraction of the time?…….doesn’t make sense……and did anybody else know about these coal fires?

second is this article.......interesting.

so is peak oil inevitable or is it a manufactured crisis designed to rationalise the deaths of millions of people (which would happen if we ran out of oil).......call me crazy but i think de-population is a main agenda of the NWO.......so are bush and co merely gaining access to the taps so they can turn them off when the time comes?........ :crazyeyes .....guess we'll find out soon enough.