Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help - "full ball attire " required = ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Question : what attire may i wear for attending a formal Ball ???

For my job, I am invited to the First release of a New Great 'Viennese' Ball in a country of Central Europa (new ECC), next spring. It will take place in an old palace.
I am aware that I must indeed wear some evening dress, but what exactly is the recommanded attire to be "in" as a guest of honour to this affair? The english (and german and local language written) program tells : « The 1st xxx Ball is a very formal affair, white tie … Ladies may wear a full ball attire. » What is this "FULL ball attire" required ???
Thanks to everyone ! Lauriane

Comments

• Options
    have you ever seen how to lose a guy in 10days? think kate hudson in that canary yellow dress, something like that!
  • Options
    Lauriane78 wrote:
    Question : what attire may i wear for attending a formal Ball ???

For my job, I am invited to the First release of a New Great 'Viennese' Ball in a country of Central Europa (new ECC), next spring. It will take place in an old palace.
    I am aware that I must indeed wear some evening dress, but what exactly is the recommanded attire to be "in" as a guest of honour to this affair? The english (and german and local language written) program tells : « The 1st xxx Ball is a very formal affair, white tie … Ladies may wear a full ball attire. » What is this "FULL ball attire" required ???
    Thanks to everyone ! Lauriane

There's someone who used to visit this site that did that Vienesse ball a year or two ago. I can ask her to explain it to you if you leave me your e-mail on PM :)
  • Options
    'White Tie' is Black Tie, but posher. It's the done thing (so I understand) for women to wear tiaras to these things. I say go all out,get the flounciest ball dress you can find :D