Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moisturiser

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasnt sure where to post this :\ anyway. Ive recently broke out into wonderful spots around the top of my forehead, and down the side. Thing is now the skin where they are is becoming really dry and flaky! nice.
Can anyone recommend any moisturiser that isnt going to make the spots get worse, but help my skin at the same time?

Comments

• Options
    You need an oil free moisturiser, Johnsons clean and clear is ok
  • Options
    My friend has a similar problem.

The consultant in Lush told her to make sure she uses a non alcohol based moisturiser, and she ended up buying enzymion from there.

Their skin products are surprisingly good. :thumb:
  • Options
    Aqueous cream is all you should need for dry skin on your face. Beware using harsh chemicals whilst pregnant, even topically.
  • Options
    i'm using sudocrem on my dodgy cheek rash/spot thing atm and it's working out ok. plus you can use if afterwards on your baby's arse.

everyone's a winner.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i'm using sudocrem on my dodgy cheek rash/spot thing atm and it's working out ok. plus you can use if afterwards on your baby's arse.

everyone's a winner.
    :lol:
    Kentish wrote:
    Aqueous cream is all you should need for dry skin on your face. Beware using harsh chemicals whilst pregnant, even topically.
    Problem with it though is that you have to reapply it several times a day to get a real moisturising effect.

I use hydrous ointment - it lasts longer, and is generic thus free of perfumes etc. It's probably too rich for use on your skin if you're prone to spots though. :chin:

I'd also recommend exfoliating your skin if it's gone flaky. It should clear up quicker that way.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

everyone's a winner.

:lol: might give that a go then :p
  • Options
    The moisturiser i used at the minute is some Garnier skin naturals Pure bob, well i say bob it's actually quite good, it's shine control moisteruiser and it is also anti bacterial to help prevent spot breakouts, so it doesn't make your skin oily and greasy but also stops the nasty dry flakiness, so there you go everyones a winner!
  • Options
    Nivea Soft :yes:
  • Options
    I just use the normal Nivea cream that comes in the big blue tub and that is good.
  • Options
    factor 15 sun cream. all year round (except in summer when its spf 60!)
    then when you're 50 and are not looking like your skin got beat up and/or replaced with old leather you can be like 'woah!'
  • Options
    Nivea Soft :yes:
    All the way. The best moisturiser ever.

Ilora x