Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Alternative headache remedies?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I saw an advert on the television the other day for this sort of roll-on stuff that you put on your forehead...it's supposed to relieve headaches without the need for taking pills. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and what results it had...also what the name of it is as I can't remember!

Cheers all :)

Comments

• Options
    4 head?

haven't tried it though.
  • Options
    That's the stuff. I might pick some up at the weekend and give it a try. I seem to take a lot of Anadin and it can't be a good thing :no:
  • Options
    if you are getting headaches all the time...you should talk to your doctor about it...
    you can also chew willow bark for headaches (- just an interesting bit of info.) :)
  • Options
    Thanks...I will bear that in mind, might go and raid some willows in my lunch hour!

I will definitely go to the docs if I keep getting headaches but I think the one I have today is just caused by having to come back into work after a day off :yeees:
  • Options
    bear in mind that taking too many painkillers can give you headaches. it's a vicious cycle.

sometimes instead of popping pills, try having a nap in a quiet, dark room, or having a glass of water.
  • Options
    My mum used that, and said it made no difference for her.
  • Options
    4head only contains levomenthol. I'd be interested to find out if it works or not :chin:

Devil's Claw is supposed to be good for pain too, although I'm not too clued up on herbal remedies.
  • Options
    i tried that too, its crap, it dont work at all!!
  • Options
    I have 4 head, it doesn't do anything for me :(