Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

gangsters and mols fancy dress party

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my mate has invited me to her works party, and it has a fancy dress theme of gansters and mols (sp)? its on sunday, and im going, but would like to wear a good outfit. is this theme sorta like the clothes worn nellys video for tilt ya head back, with christina aguilera??
any ideas of the sorta thing i should go for? i aint got alot of time or money.
i was thinking of wearing my pinstripe suit, but wasnt sure?
thanx
SBG

Comments

• Options
    Wow, that'd be so cool!!!

But why are you going as a gangster if you're a girl? :confused:
  • Options
    cos i thought i could wear it. however obviously not, i really am not sure what i should wear. im googling it now!
    SBG
  • Options
    If you are going as a gangster, a pinstripe suit would be perfect. You need to get a hat, spats, a tie and a gun! Maybe some sunglasses too! You could pick all that up cheaply at any fancy dress shop

check this link out http://www.partydomain.co.uk/d-commerce/page78.html :D
  • Options
    In the "stronger" video, Mutya from sugababes got out of a limo full of gangsters n she was the moll. She looked pretty hot, who says a girl can't wear a pinstripe suit? :flirt:
  • Options
    scyther chick - was she wearing a pinstripe suit?? i have one and i love it!!
    i was thinking about going dressed as the girl on right in the pic below:
    http://www.costumesgalore.com/costumesgalore/graphics/rental/3040gangstersandmolls.jpg
    What are those hats called (is it a trilby by any chance?). dont laugh, but i quite like them and think they look good with the pin-stripe suits.
    also, what are spats?
    i have a black silk tie, so could wear that. i would prefere a white one, to match a white hat, but i dont have any white shoes. ive got black ones tho and a black tie, so just need the black hat.
    may have to go shopping tomo!
    SBG
  • Options
    I tried to hunt for a picture of her, Im sorry but I couldnt find any :(
    She's sitting in the limo surrounded by gangster types and she walks out wearin a pinstripe suit and maybe a trilby. Can't remember, but she has got some ornate head gear on if it isn't a hat.
    That site summed the look up really well though!
  • Options
    There's a few pics here http://www.ukbritney.biz/sugababes/photos_video_stronger.php but they are only of her chest upwards but it might still give you an idea.
  • Options
    I went to a movie stars fancy dress party before and 2 of my (girl) friends dressed up as the Blues Brothers, in suits, sunglasses and hats. I thought they looked pretty hot personally.
  • Options
    hey all
    thanx for your help, ive got it all sorted. im going as a female ganster and im wearing:
    *my pinstripe suit
    *black trilby
    *white shirt
    *black tie
    *black boots.
    i didnt get any spats, as my trousers go quite low over my boots.
    thank you again.
    SBG
  • Options
    man, i'd well like to go to a party like that!
  • Options
    Last time I had to go as a gangster at my mate's 18th fancy dress party we went to Dr. Funkenstein in Sunderland, got ourselves some pretty snazzy outfits :)
  • Options
    Haha, we have this at work every few months. Best thing is to fishnet tights, pencil skirts, and the mini guns:D:D