Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mmm...Nutmeg

For some very complicated though well worked out reasons, I took three teaspoons of nutmeg to school today and used up 15 minutes to force it down my throat. In about two hours, during a math test, I started getting all spacey and lightheaded. Another couple of hours later, right before a history test I didn't study for, I told the teacher I was sick (though actually getting better) and got sent home.

My point was to try and get sick enough to get sent to the hostpital (don't ask, I don't feel like giving the reasons why, just assume it wasn't stupid), but it looks like it's wearing off, I'm just sleepy now. Still no hallucinations :no: and still no pain. I'm going to take another teaspoon, I think. Or does the sickness have a delayed reaction?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why are you trying to do damage to yourself? silly girl :no:

clicky here
  • Options
    For some very complicated though well worked out reasons, I took three teaspoons of nutmeg to school today and used up 15 minutes to force it down my throat. In about two hours, during a math test, I started getting all spacey and lightheaded. Another couple of hours later, right before a history test I didn't study for, I told the teacher I was sick (though actually getting better) and got sent home.

My point was to try and get sick enough to get sent to the hostpital (don't ask, I don't feel like giving the reasons why, just assume it wasn't stupid), but it looks like it's wearing off, I'm just sleepy now. Still no hallucinations :no: and still no pain. I'm going to take another teaspoon, I think. Or does the sickness have a delayed reaction?

don't take anymore, i don't know much about it other than the fact that it's really nasty and not a good buzz at all.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    don't take anymore, i don't know much about it other than the fact that it's really nasty and not a good buzz at all.

She's not after a buzz, she just wants to go to hospital.... wtf :eek2:
    With Nutmeg you are basically poisoning your body, not a good thing to do, unlesss in your case, that's your goal... :yeees:
  • Options
    Well, I want to get a line of communication open with my parents so they won't laugh at me. If I was in a sick room in the hostpital, they'd accept whatever I was telling them...
  • Options
    Well, I want to get a line of communication open with my parents so they won't laugh at me. If I was in a sick room in the hostpital, they'd accept whatever I was telling them...

there are other safer ways of sorting out your problems, try taking your parents into a room and tell them your problems, tell them what you nearly did to get their attention, that should make them wise up.
  • Options
    Yeah, telling them what you nearly did or wanted to do would probably get them to take notice of you.

I could bet writting them a letter with everything you wanted to say in it and then giving it to them to read would make them see how fed up you are. Try it, but don't poison your self any more.
  • Options
    you are a sad case ...i fear it will only get worse ...for you.
  • Options
    you are a sad case ...i fear it will only get worse ...for you.

:banghead: Well that's self-evident. I've known that since grade 4. But I'm not taking any more nutmeg, as it's unlikely I'll ever get that sick. Damn immune system. And I'm not allergic to ANYTHING..... :banghead: Maybe should I have my friend tell my parents?
  • Options
    That would be a very good idea, don;t hold back, say what you feel.
  • Options
    :banghead: Well that's self-evident. I've known that since grade 4. But I'm not taking any more nutmeg, as it's unlikely I'll ever get that sick. Damn immune system. And I'm not allergic to ANYTHING..... :banghead: Maybe should I have my friend tell my parents?
    if you take a one inch square of coaltar soap ...swallow it ...your face will become flushed and temperature willrise but no harm will be done ...old army/jail trick for getting time off.
  • Options
    Coaltar soap, huh? Well I have absolutely next to no means of getting that, plus the fact that I've never heard of it and don't think they sell it in the US....? That's cool, though, I'll keep it in mind :D
  • Options
    you'll smell it if u can get it!!
  • Options
    Coaltar soap, huh? Well I have absolutely next to no means of getting that, plus the fact that I've never heard of it and don't think they sell it in the US....? That's cool, though, I'll keep it in mind :D
    next best is plain white hand soap ...no moisturisers or scents ...
    it is one of the oldest dodges in the book and peoples hands are tied.
    even shpould the seargeant major suspect ...your face is red and you have a temperature ...and there are rules to follow ...best of luck though the way your going about seeking attention suggests that your going to balls it up anyway.
    maybe you should post in the health forum cos you have a problem.
    some good people in there.
  • Options
    Maybe she should actually be encouraged not to do anything to self harm, she clearly has issues that people are not taking seriously
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I think there are better ways of getting your parents attention other than damaging yourself and making yourself sick. I would suggest as you are in the US, that you could have a look at theGo Ask Alice website. If you do a search for a similar problem to the one you are experiencing, you can read some advice and possibly find out if there is an organsiation you could make contact with who could help you with your situation.

You could also try asking them a question yourself. But please do try to talk with your parents - what you are trying to do is really quite drastic and probably very unneccesary.
  • Options
    I bet I could if I waited long enough, like once I'm living in my boarding school, I could email them, but that's a while to wait. Five more long months...sometimes I come close, but just can't muster up any willpower. They don't know anything about that, though, I'm their little angel.
  • Options
    Like I said, write them a letter :).
  • Options
    :p
    Like I said, write them a letter :).
  • Options
    firstly: WHY nutmeg?
    and secondly: what makes you think you parents will be any more understanding if you were in hospital?
    - chances are, they'd be pretty pissed.
    and what makes you think you'd have any more willpower in hospital than you do now?
    what is the problem with you and your parents?
    - do you want to discuss it on here, because if you did it might help you... take my word for it...
    you sound like a pretty messed up kid; but trying to hurt yourself is definitly NOT the way to go!!!
    - you'll find yourself getting into a spiral that you won't be able to get out of with self harming... and you'll be labelled as an attention seeker... and for what?
    - because you wanted to talk to your parents about something on your mind - it aint' worth it!!
    writing what you want to say down... would be a good idea... what have you got to loose by trying that?
  • Options
    :p

MR I don't gedit :(.
  • Options
    MR I don't gedit :(.
    i simply enjoyed your reply ...your av scares me though!