Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

manditory health checks for all uk residents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
checking for commonly transmitted stds etc etc

my proposal, discuss.....

Comments

• Options
    Mandatory? No.

Medically inappropriate and unacceptable for too many people to be worthwhile.
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Mandatory? No.

Medically inappropriate and unacceptable for too many people to be worthwhile.

currently estimated that 30% of population have common stds like chlymidia etc so it wouldnt be inappropiate

so what if someone doesnt accept? its called disease managemnt
  • Options
    currently estimated that 30% of population have common stds like chlymidia etc so it wouldnt be inappropiate
    As with any screening test, the pre-test probability of having the disease is what defines the reliability of the test. In other words, if you screen a lot of people who have an extremely low risk then you will simply generate a lot of false positives and false negatives, which in themselves generate expenditure.
    so what if someone doesnt accept? its caused disease managemnt
    What?
  • Options

when i was at the hospital the other day (for unrelated stuff), they asked me if i wanted to be screened for chlamydia while they were doing other tests. apparently they offer this to everyone of childbearing age in that department.

that's a better idea. i didn't have to go out of my way to do it, and i had the choice.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    when i was at the hospital the other day (for unrelated stuff), they asked me if i wanted to be screened for chlamydia while they were doing other tests. apparently they offer this to everyone of childbearing age in that department.

that's a better idea. i didn't have to go out of my way to do it, and i had the choice.

not many people are taking the choice though, that choice has been there, theres nothing stopping them is there? whe n i thoughti had a problem ie a lump down there, i went straight to my doctor and got a scan done the next week, was embaressing but that dont stop me putting my health 1st
  • Options
    J wrote:
    I don't think you could make it mandatory. People who don't go shagging about might be quite offended having their privacy invaded.

you dont have to shag around to catch anything you know, i have good friends who have got stuff from their other halves cause theyve never been checked
  • Options
    might as well put the implant in while their at it then.
    you people scare me.
  • Options
    people having 6 monthly check ups and yearly blood tests and being reminded of this yes....but compulsary i don't think would be a good idea. it's an infringment of your rights. how you you like someone sticking something up your arse every 6 months? *please ignore the crude humor beneth*
  • Options
    not many people are taking the choice though, that choice has been there, theres nothing stopping them is there?

you can't force people though. just make it as easy as possible.
  • Options

It's reactive though. Best option would be edication to prevent the disease in the first place IMHO.

Besides, what services should I cut inorder to pay for it?
  • Options
    might as well put the implant in while their at it then.
    you people scare me.

dont worry i was just asking cause everyone seems to be like "oooh if its for our good we'll allow it" in terms of attitude so i was just testing the water ;)

i dont like the idea but if most people out there seem to be oppsosed to gradually increasing the sex and relationship education to youngsters from schools and parents, and EVENTUALLY lowering the sex age to about 14 which remove all the taboo about it, then what else is there to do to stop people sleeping around other than forcing them to not have sex or harm reduction

something :chin: to think about