Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Altered vision through drug use

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any of you lot ever notice any visual changes from pyschedelics?

Personally...everything has a kind of trippy, far-out dimension to it...and when I'm stoned these days, things don't noticably change much at all (unless i'm heavily wasted) in terms of vision...basically I reckon too much weed has fucked my vision right up, kind of changed everything to stoner-view.

Comments

• Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Any of you lot ever notice any visual changes from pyschedelics?

Personally...everything has a kind of trippy, far-out dimension to it...and when I'm stoned these days, things don't noticably change much at all (unless i'm heavily wasted) in terms of vision...basically I reckon too much weed has fucked my vision right up, kind of changed everything to stoner-view.

fucking sures, it's not really noticable but if i really concentrate into the air i see loads of white bubbles moving about very fast, if i smoke a lot or am on a comedown i get mild flashbacks of previous trips and some new ones, sometimes it's cool but it's scary most times
  • Options
    J wrote:
    You talking magic mushrooms? They're bloody great! I once looked into the sky and saw flashing navigation lights on spaceships covering the entire inky void! It was beautiful!
    I also changed my mood and saw either rainbows and light coming out of my hands, or peeling, aged, red scaley hands like that of the devil. Bloody brilliant!! I guess it's best to hold your energy to the place where rainbows flow freely, and your mood is kind of saintly.

well magic mushrooms plus other drugs, i got the flashing lights thingy on LSA, if you trawl through this site you'll find a post i made where i mentioned rainbows coming out of the ground, shooting straight up into the air, with mushroom clouds in them, this while being on mushrooms at a concert, i was totally engulfed in the trip, i let it happen and didn't feel afraid, sometimes though i want to die on a trip because of a previous bad trip that re-occurs.
  • Options
    I'm meaning like permanent changes. Everything looks tripped out, brighter sharper etc, your normal vision is changed when you're not high.

If I was taking magic mushrooms and wasn't seeing anything i would be disappointed lol...but after smoking a load of weed, things have become slightly "tripped" generally.
  • Options
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    fucking sures, it's not really noticable but if i really concentrate into the air i see loads of white bubbles moving about very fast, if i smoke a lot or am on a comedown i get mild flashbacks of previous trips and some new ones, sometimes it's cool but it's scary most times

Tried concentrating into the air there...and can see loads of wee things flying about...like shoals of fish lol. Then again I have just smoked a joint...

Kinda weird really. I reckon I spent too much of 2004 wasted , my vision has just become accustomed to cannabis trips and kind of become set as default.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Tried concentrating into the air there...and can see loads of wee things flying about...like shoals of fish lol. Then again I have just smoked a joint...

Kinda weird really. I reckon I spent too much of 2004 wasted , my vision has just become accustomed to cannabis trips and kind of become set as default.

yes it's weird but not too annoying, i think i went to the brink of life in 2004, took FAR FAR too many drugs, i've already started calming down this year but not stopped completely
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    yes it's weird but not too annoying, i think i went to the brink of life in 2004, took FAR FAR too many drugs, i've already started calming down this year but not stopped completely

Haha, likewise ;) .

Smoked way too much weed, too much coke, too many pills...

Pill comedowns are the worst lol...taken some very weird stuff, tripping out completely when coming off them, everything turning green as well. Very dodgy.

Just drags you down.

Now, I settle for grass, and that's about it...best off in the long run definitely.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Haha, likewise ;) .

Smoked way too much weed, too much coke, too many pills...

Just drags you down.

Now, I settle for grass, and that's about it.

i think it was the pills for me, just don't do it for me anymore, don't get the same rush, the same empathy, took too many to get a shitty wee buzz. just buckfast and blow these days, i've matured a lot recently, my view on drugs is so different now.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i think it was the pills for me, just don't do it for me anymore, don't get the same rush, the same empathy, took too many to get a shitty wee buzz. just buckfast and blow these days, i've matured a lot recently, my view on drugs is so different now.

Typing that just as i was editing my post about pills, lol.

When I take E in the future, i'll probably pay for crystal instead, and it'll be occasional. Probably get the high back up to a more satisfying level that way as well.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    Pill comedowns are the worst lol...taken some very weird stuff, tripping out completely when coming off them, everything turning green as well. Very dodgy.

holy fuck, did that happen to you recently, a while back i took these red speckled diamond logo pills, i was sitting in my mates room and i closed my eyes for 2 seconds, i felt this made trip come to my forefront, it was 12 in the afternoon, 8 hours after consuming my last pill, i opened my eyes and everything went green and red, felt like i was in a forest, mymate turned into an elf, i nearly killed him, then everything felt really saturated, everything turned into like matchsticks, nothing was curved, i saw thousands of images in the air while the air was green, totally freaked me out
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Makes you wonder if our normal vision is normal at all. Maybe these things are around us all the time but we block them out because they have become meaningless.
    That'll get you thinking all you matrix fans ;)

don't know how many times i've wrecked my head pondering that and trying to fathom everything, you just end up hitting a brick wall, like wat is reality?
  • Options
    After doing Ket for a while or even just after a particularly bouncin rave does anyone else find that objects are all the wrong size even when straight?

I used to look at my hands and if I moved them they seemed twice the size that they should be.
  • Options
    Oh yes, do you think this could be because of muscle tension being increased in the eye socket making it squeeze the eyeball and making it focus strangely?

(Soz, im just in from pub so if this didnt make any sense: ignore)
  • Options
    I've found my vision to be quite different from weed use, it's more a trippy way of vision, i know what you mean though spliffie.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    holy fuck, did that happen to you recently, a while back i took these red speckled diamond logo pills, i was sitting in my mates room and i closed my eyes for 2 seconds, i felt this made trip come to my forefront, it was 12 in the afternoon, 8 hours after consuming my last pill, i opened my eyes and everything went green and red, felt like i was in a forest, mymate turned into an elf, i nearly killed him, then everything felt really saturated, everything turned into like matchsticks, nothing was curved, i saw thousands of images in the air while the air was green, totally freaked me out

I reckon it's maybe got something to do with sunlight...it was about 11am and I was going through the trippy transition phase when you're coming down...taking a piss when everything just became a light, soft green colour. Like a green lens. The weirdness of pills can definitely be interesting.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    I've found my vision to be quite different from weed use, it's more a trippy way of vision, i know what you mean though spliffie.

Yep. Spoke to a friend the other day, who hadn't smoked much for about 2 months...said his vision had gone perfectly back to normal. 2 months though? Fuck that lol.
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Makes you wonder if our normal vision is normal at all. Maybe these things are around us all the time but we block them out because they have become meaningless.
    That'll get you thinking all you matrix fans ;)

Or maybe my perception's fucked up from chain-smoking joints & bongs every day for over a year...

Matrix fans need not get excited :cool:.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I reckon it's maybe got something to do with sunlight...it was about 11am and I was going through the trippy transition phase when you're coming down...taking a piss when everything just became a light, soft green colour. Like a green lens. The weirdness of pills can definitely be interesting.

aye know what you mean, but this trip i had scared the living shite of me, i suppose in retrospect you laugh at it but when you're friend grows these massive ears with excessive facial hair and you turn into a matchstick man you do sorta sit back and wonder is it really worth it.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    aye know what you mean, but this trip i had scared the living shite of me, i suppose in retrospect you laugh at it but when you're friend grows these massive ears with excessive facial hair and you turn into a matchstick man you do sorta sit back and wonder is it really worth it.

I've never really had strong visuals off pills...just trippyness, patterns, that kind of thing...

Magic mushrooms, different story :thumb:

Seeing your pal sprout horns and morph into a kind of demonic ratman...meetings with god...the nature of existence...now that's stuff you'll never forget...ah those were the days ;) .
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I've never really had strong visuals off pills...just trippyness, patterns, that kind of thing...

Magic mushrooms, different story :thumb:

Seeing your pal sprout horns and morph into a kind of demonic ratman...meetings with god...the nature of existence...now that's stuff you'll never forget...ah those were the days ;) .

lol, i don't even know if it's the pills that are actually doing it, they could just be triggering a chemical reaciton in my mind that takes me back to a time when i did trip out bad, i'm not really well informed on drugs to know this stuff but i'm street wise enough to get me through alright.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

Especially where you were, i'd be freaked out in the FAB with that happening to me.