Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Typhoid injection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to the doctors yesterday, to check about the injections for Egypt. Hep A is a dead vaccine so i can have that, but he needed to check typhoid wether it was a live vaccine or not. He said he'd ring me back, but hasnt.
Ive checked the NHS website, but all its telling me, is the oral for typhoid is a live vaccine, but nothing on the actual injection? Does anyone have any idea?

Comments

• Options
    Its just a thought but you could look up travel clinics in the Yellow Pages, then phone them and ask. They do those sorts of things all the time and might know. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Ring the surgery and leave a message for whoever it was your saw to contact you with the answer. He may just have been very busy and not had the time to call you or equally not even had the time to find out the information very quickly.

Alternatively, NHS Direct isn't just for advice regarding a medical problem you have, but can give all sorts of information such as this. Give them a try too.

You could also ask your local pharmacist.