Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How I'd change the world...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Story

Off you go...

Comments

• Options
    How I would change the world?

I would immediately cut the roots out from Britain and float it over the atlantic to join the USA, we'd join in the middle, so we got a nice balanced climate.

Of course this would mean immediately leaving the EU and joining NAFTA and whatnot.

Id dril for oil and gas in all those 'taboo' places such as nature reserves which have so far been blocked.

I would dump toxic waste in the ocean.

etc.
  • Options
    How I would change the world?

I would immediately cut the roots out from Britain and float it over the atlantic to join the USA, we'd join in the middle, so we got a nice balanced climate.

Of course this would mean immediately leaving the EU and joining NAFTA and whatnot.

Id dril for oil and gas in all those 'taboo' places such as nature reserves which have so far been blocked.

I would dump toxic waste in the ocean.

etc.

You really are a troll.
  • Options
    And a boring one at that.

Are you sure you don't want to join Thanatos' new and exciting bulletin board Matadore? I'm sure you'd feel at home there :D

As for how I would change the world...

Wipe out all Third World debt and ensure fairer trade

Impose regime change in the USA at all costs

Reduce nuclear arsenals

Ensure all outstanding UN resolutions regarding the Middle East are implemented

Remove the right to veto in the UN

Invite those nations who have not joined the Kyoto agreement to do so now, and impose the severest sanctions possibles to those who refuse.

Propose a cap on military spending and use the hundreds of billions saved to fight poverty and disease.

Oh, and send a few people to The Hague... including several Presidents/Prime Ministers of various countries.
  • Options
    I'd impose Talism :D
  • Options
    I wouldn't, the world needs to change for itself. The rule "You learn from your mistakes" is as applicable to humanity as to an individual. But then again, humanity seems to have memory loss often :confused:
  • Options
    make everyone understand the true meaning of love and co-existence. the rest is up to you.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    make everyone understand the true meaning of love and co-existence. the rest is up to you.
    Sounds familiar...
  • Options
    I don't know how to change the world. I'd probably end up totally frustrated with humanity and resign.

I certainly would like to end trade barriers and needless poverty.

I would encourage work.

I would encourage education.

I would encourage compassion.

But there is very little one person can do on their own. For the world to change dramatically, there must be a consensus.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Impose regime change in the USA at all costs

Thus becoming the one thing I thought you objected to.

Marx was right... ;)

Personally, I would become a dictator. Not sure if everyone would believe that I was benevelent or not...
  • Options
    I'm all for a dictatorship, so long as I or someone I trust is in charge.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I'm all for a dictatorship, so long as I or someone I trust is in charge.

Like me!
  • Options
    Yeah, you'll do, mean I don't have to do any of the work. So long as I get an empty title entitling me to respect and access to nice things.
  • Options
    Thus becoming the one thing I thought you objected to.

Marx was right... ;)

Oh well, I've always said that the use of force was justified in extremely grave and urgent circumstances. ;)
  • Options
    Given the subject, the use of the word "grave" is a little inappropriate :)
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Like me!

yes Drugs everywhere
  • Options
    my six point plan

1: cut California off from the mainland and send it out into the ocean
    2: give Texas back to Mexico
    3: disband NAFTA
    4: impose the metric system.
    5: disband all the sweatshops in China and the rest of eastern Asia
    6: make the CEO of coca cola run through the cities of Columbia stark naked while people throw empty bottles at him.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:

Wipe out all Third World debt and ensure fairer trade

Ensure all outstanding UN resolutions regarding the Middle East are implemented

Remove the right to veto in the UN

Invite those nations who have not joined the Kyoto agreement to do so now, and impose the severest sanctions possibles to those who refuse.

Propose a cap on military spending and use the hundreds of billions saved to fight poverty and disease.

:yes: Same here... also...

Promote and invest in ethical farming, organic food and fair trade products

Invest in renewable sources of energy

Ban bloodsports altogether unless the animal is eaten afterwards bythe huntsman

Legalise cannabis and encourage the use of natural products both in cosmetics and in medicine
  • Options
    5: disband all the sweatshops in China and the rest of eastern Asia

Basically you want to enforce rural poverty on them forever then.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Basically you want to enforce rural poverty on them forever then.
    I have noticed that people are saying things that are clearly almost serious without thinking about what the actual ramifications are going to be.
  • Options
    Of course things like slavery and child labour should never be acceptable.

However, to try and enforce our working standards on the Far East is unreasonable and stupid. We went through the stage they are going through a while back, its a stage, they are growing and things will change, standards will improve. This can already be seen in the big cities of China where wages are going up and up.
  • Options
    I'd rebuild the UN
    re inpatrenise (SP) the usa until the general public is able to choose a leader who isn't a paranoid alcholic
    Force coca cola to give 1/4 of it's annual profit to the third world seeing as they have had a huge hand in messing it up.
    have Iceland style enviomental rules
    legalise drugs but have a no tolerants rule on abuse ie if you get a bad trip and you need help you have to pay for it.
    put huge taxes on sugar products and tabaco products and encourage 3rd world countrys on growing hemp products
    have a means tested fee scheme with uni fees, ie the more your family earns the more you pay, the less they earn the less you pay.
    much harsher anti bulling laws in school to the point where if someone is even disrupting class then they can be sent off to us style "correction" camps
    i'd impose means tested immigration system
    put a lot more money into the mental health system
    make child justice laws actually involve the children because they rarely are
    clear 3rd world debt
    make all worship of religon private and not to be talked about, preached or practiced anywhere but your home and your place of worship
    force companies to reduce their packaging, and place recycling tax upon big companies
    make all pumping of waste into lakes rivers and oceans illegal and any company which cannot dispose of it's waste in a enviromentaly safe method will be shutdown
    take off all tax from music i.e sheet music, CDs, ect
    make music theory part of the national curriculum, and encourage alternative more "interactive" methods of teaching
    ban burberry
    give young people more help in starting up ie low cost cost housing, no counsil tax till your 21 unless you earn over a surtain ammount
    make more allotments and give schools one on which they can grow there own food for school meals, and incorporate this into the curiculum
    castration of all proven rapists and child abusers
    and i'd make public transport cheaper more enviromentaly friendly, and easier to use.

any good?

i think i'd like my world.
  • Options
    clear 3rd world debt -

And who would pay for this exactly? And who would make sure that the extra money went to those who need it?

make all worship of religon private and not to be talked about, preached or practiced anywhere but your home and your place of worship -

So in other words you want to force people with faith to hide it, to put them into Gehtos.

i'd impose means tested immigration system -

Why? And means tested how? Just by how much money they have?
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    clear 3rd world debt -

And who would pay for this exactly? And who would make sure that the extra money went to those who need it?

make all worship of religon private and not to be talked about, preached or practiced anywhere but your home and your place of worship -

So in other words you want to force people with faith to hide it, to put them into Gehtos.

i'd impose means tested immigration system -

Why? And means tested how? Just by how much money they have?
    ok....not too sure on the 3rd world debt one, major companies could help, though surely it could just be dropped?

i have a faith, all i mean by this is that you do not preach about it out of your place of worship. you are free to talk about it among your own, but not to advertise it as such.

immigration would be tested on skills. ie if you are a trained doctor, or scientist, teacher. basicly if you ahve a valued skill to offer our country then you can come in, other wise you need to have family or friends that will pay for you. thus not being a burden on the system.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    clear 3rd world debt -

We (first world countries) would pay for it. You could take it from our military budgets- which means not a penny would have been wasted or would affect us anyway. I suspect 50% of the US annual military budget would wipe most of the debt by itself. As for the distribution, it would be difficult logistically, but not impossible. We could as easily do it ourselves.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    We (first world countries) would pay for it. You could take it from our military budgets- which means not a penny would have been wasted or would affect us anyway. I suspect 50% of the US annual military budget would wipe most of the debt by itself. As for the distribution, it would be difficult logistically, but not impossible. We could as easily do it ourselves.

And the job losses in the US because of this cut?

I'm for cutting the debt, but it needs to be done inconjunction with changes to governments there too. Sri Lanka for example should have its debt taken away completely, the Sudan or the DRC maybe shouldnt.
  • Options
    job losses in the us could be remedy easily, start growing hemp. :D sorted.
  • Options
    job losses in the us could be remedy easily, start growing hemp. :D sorted.

Completely, seems reasonable, someone now works as a missile technician they can easily re-train as a farmer.
  • Options
    i have a faith, all i mean by this is that you do not preach about it out of your place of worship. you are free to talk about it among your own, but not to advertise it as such.

I do find this just a little frightening, yes organised religions havent got the best record but this really is an infringement on peoples religious freedom.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    And the job losses in the US because of this cut?
    If you ask me to choose between saving tens of millions of lives a year or preserving the jobs of a few tens of thousands of people in the US who work in the Death and Destruction industry, I don't think I'd have to think terribly hard to make a choice.

As a matter of fact nor should anyone else. Not even the US employees affected, if they claim to be good Christians/samaritans/decent people.
  • Options
    I wasnt suggesting that they are worth saving, I was just pointing out why its not going to happen.