Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

He bided his time, eh!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    was kind of obvious that they would marry at some point.

will she become queen? what will be her title?
  • Options
    That's going to be the question really, or would she just be a princess?
  • Options
    Isn't it forbidden for the Crown Prince to marry a commoner and still retain his succession? I understood that one would have to abdicate the throne in order to follow through with such a union under the rules governing the monarchy.
  • Options
    Erm... no i don't think so, but he's not allowed to marry a divorcee? Though I don't know whether she is.
  • Options
    i believe that charles will abdecate to william at some point, but not sure if the stubborn prince will relenquish his right to the throne without a fight.
    as for the rules governing him, am i right in thinking that he can still become king but she is not allowed to be a queen.
  • Options
    could this be a cover for the fact his expences are being investigated by the commons? seems to be an odd time to reveal this news just as we enter the third day of his accounts scrutinisation.
  • Options
    Cool, a royal wedding. I shall buy a new hat.
  • Options
    Good for him. Why shouldn't he marry the woman he so obviously loves? Pah, I'm no Royalist by any stretch of the imagination but some rules are outdated and need to be brought into the modern age.
  • Options
    Had he been allowed to do this 30 years ago the nation and indeed the world would have been spared a lot of bother and drama...
  • Options
    Just heard on the news, she will become queen unless if parliament passes sum law or woteva lol :)
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Just heard on the news, she will become queen unless if parliament passes sum law or woteva lol :)

I think that they said she becomes Queen *unless* they pass a law.

She becomes HRH if the Queen wants her to.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    Cool, a royal wedding. I shall buy a new hat.

If it goes like in Denmark, then it won't be as cool when everyone finds out that they are financing the wedding with their tax money.

But yes, congratulations.
  • Options
    Man getting married shock!

Really, who actually gives a shit.

Though if it manages to stop him becoming King somehow I am happy.
  • Options
  • Options
    Charles, being a widower, is free to marry who he wishes. Her being a divorcee will be the problem, in theory at least.

Though, it should be noted, that she will not be a Queen simply because she is not the monarch. The Queen Mother wasn't a Queen, and Prince Philip isn't a King.

The "scandal" about the Duchy of Cornwall's accounts is a load of bullshit spread about by one or two Labour MPs who deserve to be garotted (including every Durham student's favourite MP, the rancid cunt of all rancid cunts, Gerry "cunt" Steinberg). It's something about nothing, and if it wasn't because Charles keeps pissing off the Blairite cunts nothing would be made of it.