Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Tribe - On Now BBC 2 - Salvia initiation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone watching this - it's mad as you like!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm watching orgasmatron instead!
    Salvia? Didn't see the entire programme, but saw a fair amount of it - are you sure it was salvia?

They were preparing him to become a Shaman, and the stuff they were snorting was a traditional snuff made from various natural sources (they actually explained the processes in the programme). I didn't fully catch the trees/plants they used for the concoction, and salvia may have been used (didn't hear any mention of it though I may have been mistaken) though the main focus would have definitely been on DMT and various other tryptamines.

Was a very good watch though, felt a bit sorry for the bloke when he started throwing up everywhere (and his slightly feeble attempts to fit in with the tribal chanting :p) but it was interesting to see the whole experience. Years ago I said I wanted to be an anthropologist, watching that programme sparked that interest again. And my interest in DMT...

:D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    Did anyone ever watch the Sacred Weeds programme on 4 a few years ago. Excellent. Especially when the all took henbane. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Rather them than me with regards to henbane, in the same league with datura and the like. And datura is something that I definitely won't be going anywhere near again in a hurry, believe me.. :crazyeyes
    In which part of the world were they?

Salvia probably wouldnt be used as a snuff, that would be DMT or 5-meo-DMT with an MOAI, there is a bark I believe with 5-meo in it which is snorted.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    In this article from the Telegraph they say the hallocinogenic snuff was made from dried tree sap, but that is the only reference I could find. Did anyone else watch it? It did look amazing.
    That will be DMT or one of its varients then, not salvia.