Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dissertations

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is there anyone else doing a dissertation that is going nowhere? I have so much information to sort through I don't think I'm ever going to finish it, I've got 10weeks left till hand in date and I've done 142words and its gotta be 10,000. Plus all my other work :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You will finish it, because you have to.

The sooner you start trying to get your head around it, the easier it will seem as you'll know what you're doing.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Ten weeks is still ages.

10000 words is not really all that much. In the final year of the degree you'll probably have been doing essays of 2000 words plus easily. It's just a few of them bolted together.

it's amazing how quickly it will pull together in the later stages, all you need now is to formulate ideas and sections that might make it into your work.
  • Options
    Just try and think of that as 1,000 words a week, which is nothing. I always end up doing 2,000 word essays in 1 or 2 days, so 10,000 in 10 weeks is definitely achievable, even if it doesn't feel it now ;) Good luck :thumb: