Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

drugs? just say no!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
simple as that ....
luke ...try and get your head round why anyone in the whole big wide world would say yes.
why would anyone with the slightest bit of common sense ...inteligence ...intelectualism even ...would say yes.
please ...try and get your head round it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    making a point mr.rolly?
    How about just say " yes, fucking surely give me all those drugs"...that sounds better.
    making a point mr.rolly?
    trying ...but probably to no avail.
    it'ds aimed at lukesh mostly ...how the hell do you get a guy like that to look at the ...facts!
    Your a silly cu nt luke, i don't care about the facts you say?the facts are all you have...how can you listen to all the lies about drugs...ooh your first E pill will kill you, the deadly terrible E, one smoke a joint and you'll end up a desperate heroin junkie. aye luke.
    lukesh wrote:
    i dont care about the facts.
    beeeeeg mistake in life!
    lukesh wrote:
    make, take care of your self. don't mind the likes of me who is the dumbest person you know. you don't want to be talking to them sort of people.
    luke ...i know people far dumber than you ...and some of them are actualy running their own bizzes!
    you aint dumb in my my book ...just a little out of touch wityh the big real world beyond your perceptionyou have bottle and determination ...more than some folk who come here and get far less reality thrown at them than you do ...and ythey walk or run away from all the negative shit they have to face in public ...YOU ...are still here and still fighting your corner ...all power to you mate.
    lukesh wrote:
    thatas very kind of you to say and shows at least 1 person has something nice to say about me.
    it aint about saying anything nice about you luke ...it's telling the FACTS ....you have had all kinds of truths thrown at you ...as well as all manner of points of view ...some of it has been very heavy going ...and still your here fighting your corner ...in my my eyes mostly wrongly ...but ...you persist.
    you have been slandered slagged made a fool of ...but still your here ...you deserve the site medal for persvereance in the face of of s=adversity if nowt else.
    you reming me of one of those little old ladies in the second world ...'they might bomb my house but they'll never kill my spirit' ...i hope you realise i'm pissed at the moment ...
    lukesh wrote:
    o thought you were. :)

arghh you'll regret saying this to me in the morning.
    i won't regret it aqt all mate ...if you check through my posts ...you'll ind i'm pretty dconsitent in my6 swtatements.
    i never forget.
    goodenight luke.
    lukesh wrote:
    good night mate
    love joy peace ...and god bless ...
    lukesh wrote:
    what are you talking about now? I told you drugs are bad for your mental health. look at you. pathetic.

Read it and you'll see, i was ripping the dick.
    lukesh wrote:
    i dont care about the facts. all i care about now is me and whether i take drugs. i don't as i believe that will affect me in a negative way. end of

Right...that's fair enough...you don't want to take drugs, so you don't.

But you went further than that...saying you can't believe this forum is here, etc etc...which is, basically, lecturing the rest of us on what she should & shouldn't do.

Drug use is a personal choice...that's the main point.
    lukesh wrote:
    i dont care about the facts

the truth hurts doesn't it luke? always has and always will for you.
    lukesh wrote:
    give your self a break

why don't you do us a favour and never come near this board again, it'll save us the energy of trying to explain stuff to you.
    Give the lad a break ffs this thread is aimed at him and now he has been told not to come back here.

For all you people who are using drugs why do you not pat him on the back for not using cos I know im a smoker and id give anyone who wouldnt smoke fags a big pat on the back...same thing really ?
    Considering the way that drug use seems to be encouraged by certain posters in this forum, I'm surprised to see a thread here with "Just Say No" as its title.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Considering the way that drug use seems to be encouraged by certain posters in this forum, I'm surprised to see a thread here with "Just Say No" as its title.
    ya just don't get it do ya starg.
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Give the lad a break ffs this thread is aimed at him and now he has been told not to come back here.

For all you people who are using drugs why do you not pat him on the back for not using cos I know im a smoker and id give anyone who wouldnt smoke fags a big pat on the back...same thing really ?

the problem is not that he doesn't take drugs at all. its his attitude towards this board and many of the posters on it.
    ya just don't get it do ya, stargalaxy.
    I quote from the drug forum rules:
    This is place for people to receive sensible advice and information on drugs, drug use and the problem of drug abuse. Please note: this forum was not created for people to boast about drug use. It is also not appropriate to encourage other people to take drugs. Also, be warned: as you well know, drug taking is illegal. You discuss drugs on these boards at your own risk.
    It does seem to me from time to time that some posters cross the line.
    the problem is not that he doesn't take drugs at all. its his attitude towards this board and many of the posters on it.

Not just this board, other boards as well.

He has strong views and wont budge an inch....but sometimes thats good because it opens the doors for better debates rather than everyone agreeing ll the time.
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    Not just this board, other boards as well. He has strong views and wont budge an inch....but sometimes thats good because it opens the doors for better debates rather than everyone agreeing ll the time.
    Lukesh would be a good politician - he'll argue his line strongly most of the time.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I quote from the drug forum rules: It does seem to me from time to time that some posters cross the line.
    SG ...i was trying to get luke to answer a simple question after his rant in another thread ...'why do highly inteligent stable and sucsessful people indulge in illegal drugs.'
    on a regular basis ...for years and years ...
    coppers ...lawyers doctors surgeons musicians writers etc etc. with 90% of them never having any problems with the stuff.
    luke has it in his head that only weak people ...stupid people ...people who need to escape their problems in life etc ...indulge in illegal drugs.
    the fact that illegal substances can actualy be beneficial in enhancing someones life experience isn't in lukes reality.
    so i was asking ...i was taking the piss just a little with the title of the thread in that some people think that is all that should be said ...it obviously doesn't work hasn't worked and has no chance of ever working. if it did ...there would be no need for forums like this.
    type cannabis into a search engine and meet the millions.
    so ...why do so many people indulge?
    why have people ALWAYS indulged in these substances ...ALWAYS?
    every generation?
    there is some very sound advice in this forum as well as laughter and talk of good experiences ...the place wouldn't work otherwise.
    i believe 100% in the legalisation of drugs ...and i'm going to say so and explain why.
    or do you believe that this is a wrong point of view?
    do you think it is misleading or even dangerous maybe?
    do you have no faith in the mods?
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Lukesh would be a good politician - he'll argue his line strongly most of the time.
    yes ...even when he doesn't know the facts ...even when he makes statementds like ...'the facts are of no interest to me'!!!!!
    what he is saying is ...ignore the facts ...ignore the truth and just have a point of view based on ...nothing at all and hopefully he might be right ...even though the 'facts' ...say otherwise.
    SG ...i was trying to get luke to answer a simple question after his rant in another thread ...'why do highly inteligent stable and sucsessful people indulge in illegal drugs?'
    I wish I knew the answer to that. Drug use is on the rise, there's no denying it.
    i believe 100% in the legalisation of drugs ...and i'm going to say so and explain why. or do you believe that this is a wrong point of view? do you think it is misleading or even dangerous maybe? do you have no faith in the mods?
    I agree with a full legalisation of drugs actually, though I do have one or two doubts - all trampled over by others when I discussed them a few months back.
    yes ...even when he doesn't know the facts ...even when he makes statementds like ...'the facts are of no interest to me'!!!!!
    what he is saying is ...ignore the facts ...ignore the truth and just have a point of view based on ...nothing at all and hopefully he might be right ...even though the 'facts' ...say otherwise.

but he aint alone though is he, how many people on these boards 'think' they know everything when in reality they know fuck all ?

How many people stand their ground like Luke ?

How many people dare not put their full views down here because they are shit scared of getting picked on and hounded ?

Luke aint afraid to say what he thinks......beats being a sheep doesent it ?
    BeckyBoo wrote:
    but he aint alone though is he, how many people on these boards 'think' they know everything when in reality they know fuck all ?

How many people stand their ground like Luke ?

How many people dare not put their full views down here because they are shit scared of getting picked on and hounded ?

Luke aint afraid to say what he thinks......beats being a sheep doesent it ?
    it does indeed!
    i give luke no more stick than i give others ...and then on the quiet explain to him why i do it!
    i like luke ...he has bottle ...determination.

but sometimes ...it would be nice if he acknowledged the FACTS ... it would be so much easier for him ...if he actualy stopped calling people names ...if he actualy said WHY he believes certain things ...if he backed things up.
    he's a sound guy in my book though.
    Shogun wrote:
    i was ripping the dick.

You should see your GP about that.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I think that is quite enough of the sniping and childish name calling, don't you? How any of you ever expect to get your point across when it appears more important to personally insult each other I'll never know.
    A little sensitivity towards the opposing point of view is in order, or I will have to stomp all over this thread. Ridiculing someone elses beliefs because they don't align with yours is not the way to create understanding, its immature and self defeating.

I'm going to quote what I wrote in another thread in the hope that it will help explain why this board exists -
    The board isn't about promoting drugs, but of "harm minimisation", which is widely held to be the most beneficial way of recducing harm caused by the myth and misinformation around substances which is widely reported by the media etc. TheSite recognises (as do most UK health professionals) that people will take drugs and alcohol no matter how you try to stop them. Therefore, the best way to minimise the harm that people do to themselves is to educate them in the safe usage of substances, with an emphasis on encouraging people to think about what they are doing to themselves.
    I think both luke and i know that when we give each other insults it's become so cliched that it's not even serious, it's a joke, he can say what he wants but the reason he gets flamed is not his views, its the way he presents them, i've always said that, but yea he's not a bad lad at the end of the day.
    so ...why do so many people indulge?

and there are many who have never used and would never use.....myself included.
    some people have seen what drug use does to families/frends etc (but I wont get into that debate again cos its been done to death).
    Have any of you thought to look at why Luke feels like he does ?

edited to add: sorry I tried once and it did nowt for me so gave it up as a bad job..and that was approx 2/3 month-ish ago.
    Because he's caught up in silly right wing dogma, that's why.