Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Teachers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok i know i've had many threads kinda of relating but this is different.please help. I really struggled through year 12 and had a lot of problems(personal and not). I was allowed back this year on th condition that i'd sort myself out. I have been putting every effort into making things better, I've discussed that i suffer from depression with most of my teachers and made it clear that whilst i'm not trying to use it as an excuse, sometimes i struggle at school coz of it. i've just re sat 8 as levels to make up from last year and i put a lot of work into them. i've had a really bad week this week and have tried to keep on the right track but it seems to have all gone wrong. again. i was in a lesson today and my teacher (who is also my form tutor) sent me down to her office to get something. i went in was lookin of the desk for and saw a concern form with my name on it. obviously i read it and was really fucked off to find that my two faced bitchy french teachers had written a complaint form and not come to me at ALL to say they werent happy. i then found out its not the only complaint form and i'm gonna get a bollocking fromthe head of 6th form on monday. the thing is i don't know what to say. i'm honestly trying my hardest with everything and this has come somewhat out of the blue. it constantly seems like their picking fault with me at every hurdle. what can i say?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    i know what that feels like, you feel all you're effort is just a big waste because you aren't getting any respect for it, most teachers are coniving c*nts that need a slap, although some are alright, you said you tried hard in the exams, well let them be the proof of your hard work, cos when the year ends and you get good grades, thats your little note saying "haha fuck you" to the teachers that dissed you
  • Options
    Your teacher shouldn't really have sent you to get something from her desk at all as there was always a chance you would have a poke around and see something private.

When you have this meeting with the head of sixth form just listen to what s/he has to say and remain calm. Explain the situation and say that as far as you're concerned there aren't any problems and you're trying your best. Ask what they would suggest you to do prevent things like this happening in the future.

Also, have you taken a moment to think if there is anything you could be doing differently, something that your teachers may have noticed that you haven't? Do you talk to much in class, or are you late sometimes? Do you hand homework in late? I'm not having a go, I just don't think all teachers are bad, far from it. I actually think most teachers are good and it is the few bad ones who ruin it for the rest of them. At the end of the day they're just like you - infallable.
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    most teachers are coniving c*nts that need a slap

Ahem. Teachers aren't just in the job to make others' lives a misery, however much it might sometimes seem like it.

If you don't think you deserve a complaint against you I reckon you should defend yourself and make it clear that you're not out to make trouble but instead need support and encouragement - that's their job.

You think you don't know what to say but I reckon you should come clean about what you saw and how you feel - that teacher was pretty dumb for sending you to her office and forgetting the form was on show. By looking at the form you only did something human - say how upset it made you and how you wished the teachers were more honest about what they think and also more supportive of your efforts. That should get you the sympathy vote!

Sounds like you're making an effort, so make sure they recognise it - work hard, be polite but stand up for yourself
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Your teacher shouldn't really have sent you to get something from her desk at all as there was always a chance you would have a poke around and see something private.
    the thing is i didnt even poke around it was sitting in the middle of the desk. silly woman.and i often go work in there if i need somewhere quiet so she really must not have been thinkin.
    BumbleBee wrote:
    When you have this meeting with the head of sixth form just listen to what s/he has to say and remain calm. Explain the situation and say that as far as you're concerned there aren't any problems and you're trying your best. Ask what they would suggest you to do prevent things like this happening in the future.
    Yeh i will do. I feel much clamer today. am just frustrated that my teachers won't say it to my face but will do everything behind my back.
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Also, have you taken a moment to think if there is anything you could be doing differently, something that your teachers may have noticed that you haven't? Do you talk to much in class, or are you late sometimes? Do you hand homework in late? I'm not having a go, I just don't think all teachers are bad, far from it. I actually think most teachers are good and it is the few bad ones who ruin it for the rest of them. At the end of the day they're just like you - infallable.
    My attendance is perfect, and have been a hell of a lot better with handing in homework on time etc i'm very rarely late. The thing is they're not bad people and personally i get on fine with them. i can't work out what they're getting at.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Maybe I'm paranoid -but if she sent you there and had the paper on display, maybe she intended for you to see it? Maybe she wanted to tell you her concerns indirectly, or is waiting for you to tell her you saw it so she'll have an excuse to complain more about you (poking around)?
  • Options
    She knows I've seen. I went back to the classroom and told my friend I'd seen it. Me and my friend then talked and decided the best thing to do would be for my friend to say I saw it. So I "went to the toilet" and my friend told her. It's kinda complicated.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    So she now thinks your friend told on you, or does she know you told your friend to tell her? If it's the latter, she has to talk to you about it if she hasn't already.
    Irrelevant, but why not tell her yourself if she's going to know you saw it anyway?
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    So she now thinks your friend told on you, or does she know you told your friend to tell her? If it's the latter, she has to talk to you about it if she hasn't already.
    Irrelevant, but why not tell her yourself if she's going to know you saw it anyway?

I was angry and didnt wanna cause myself more trouble. Looking back I should have just outright asked her. She understood why my friend said something and she knew I knew she was going to find out what she'd said.Am gonna talk to her on monday about it.