Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Cleaning the soapbar

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
Everyone knows soapbar is mixed full of different stuff, so i was wondering if it's really that hard to purify your hash and remove the impurities from it?like shown below.

Method 1: The simple water extraction.

Heat water in saucepan until water boils, reduce temperature so that the water stops boiling.

add hash (it can be solid), and allow heat to break it down.

once broken down stir gently for a few minutes, this is where you will notice the water change a mucky colour and most likely giving a henna odour off.

once you can see all existing lumps broken down keep heat on but allow to settle for a little.

then pour off excess water and your purer hash will be left, try not to pour your hash away!

you should expect a loss in weight, as your loosing your impurities.

Anyone ever try this? Did it work for you?

I don't know if i could be arsed with doing it, it seems it would probably work but if it fucks up i wouldn't want to be wasting some hash.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've found shopping bags in soapbar, well not literally but sometimes you're burning away and there's large pieces of plastic stuck in it, god knows what we're smoking.
    You will still be left with insoluble contaminents.... which there will be plenty..
    So although you may get rid of some nasties, you will be left with less than you started with.... still contaminated... so pretty pointless
    I know the size of the lump would decrease, by 10- 20% i read.

No idea, the water maybe and leaving it for long soaking, not sure.

I wouldn't be bothered with it though myself i don't think, i'd rather just get the lump and smoke it, if i had the time and could be bothered to do it i might, anyone here ever done it before?

Shopping bags...don't i know it...i've found a stone in a lump of hash before. :nervous:
    J wrote:
    What is it that's actualy seperating the impurities from the good stuff here?

Some of the shit that it's cut with will be water soluble, so it'll just melt into the water.
    Maybe it is the simple answer to you but i can hardly grow whenever i'm living at home with parents.

I don't mind soapbar to be honest, it does get you stoned and all that, i know there's better out there but at least we've got something to smoke at half decent prices and big sized lumps.
    turlough wrote:
    i've found shopping bags in soapbar, well not literally but sometimes you're burning away and there's large pieces of plastic stuck in it, god knows what we're smoking.

I've found bits of plastic the odd time in soapbar before too, properly disconcerting!
    I've found bits of plastic the odd time in soapbar before too, properly disconcerting!
    it is a dreadful state of affairs when people have to start washing and filtering cannabis.
    there is obviously a market out there for a cannabis washing kit ...
    it is fucking disgraceful.
    Yeh bits of plastic and.... fingernails, who knows what goes in there, but we still smoke it up regardless.
    This will work because THC isnt water soluble, but mud, grit, shite etc. are.

Though I havent had any contact with soapbar for about 5 or more years.
    Sounds like the same worries I have when eating a mcdonalds.
    Sounds like the same worries I have when eating a mcdonalds.
    it's hard life in it.
    Shogun wrote:
    Everyone knows soapbar is mixed full of different stuff, so i was wondering if it's really that hard to purify your hash and remove the impurities from it?like shown below.

Method 1: The simple water extraction.

Heat water in saucepan until water boils, reduce temperature so that the water stops boiling.

add hash (it can be solid), and allow heat to break it down.

once broken down stir gently for a few minutes, this is where you will notice the water change a mucky colour and most likely giving a henna odour off.

once you can see all existing lumps broken down keep heat on but allow to settle for a little.

then pour off excess water and your purer hash will be left, try not to pour your hash away!

you should expect a loss in weight, as your loosing your impurities.

Anyone ever try this? Did it work for you?

I don't know if i could be arsed with doing it, it seems it would probably work but if it fucks up i wouldn't want to be wasting some hash.

I've seen that mentioned before...i think it's pretty ineffective overall though, maybe gets rid of a little impurity, but overall, the best quality soapbar has less than 10% actual cannabis (some study done by edinburgh university i think found that out).

You could try getting a vapouriser...heats your hash/grass up and releases the THC as a vapour...a good one will set you back a fair bit though, but it's worth it though for your lungs.
    J wrote:
    I think it's funny how your all talking about this quite openly in a public forum.

heh. Who know's wether it's fiction or fact.

Why?

My friend tried it last night, he said the smell of the water near made him sick and the hash turned a much lighter colour but he hasn't smoked any yet so i don't know if it's worth the hassle.
    well why dont you tell us wether the the hell if it worked or not
    soap bar will always outweigh the negatives than the benefits.
    a lung full of cancer for a 3 minute high,iv quit this shit,i hope u do too
    soap bar will always outweigh the negatives than the benefits.
    a lung full of cancer for a 3 minute high,iv quit this shit,i hope u do too

shut the fuck up you fader...i knew you'd turn out like this...would you smoke weed if it was offered? (not that i have any just wonderin)

ETA: Thread dead btw :p
    Yes it works, I tried this with a small amount about £10 worth of stuff from Belfast. One thing to sday tho, make sure you dont compress the powder too much or else you cant get it to crumble again and your left with a nugget that just crack up but doesnt crumble.

A simpler method is to use a vaporiser. Works very well with soapbar and you actully get a High of it as opposed to that monged out feeling.