Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

nightmares...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
almost every night i have such a wierd dream, some are really horrible.the other day i dreamt that a robber slit my throat with a knife!!i often dream that i die in an explosion or some kind of fire.not all my dreams involve people dying but they are seriously messed up?!!does taking AD make you have bad dreams or am i just messed up???

Comments

• Options
    Scary dreams can be triggered by drug use ... or life expeiences, like really stressful events...etc. It would depend which meds you were taking. Try doing something relaxing before going to bed: physical exercise, meditation, and yoga can all help you to sleep better - try one of them! If your nightmares persist and are really beginning to mess up your life ... speak to your GP.
  • Options
    Taking AD can make you have some really fucked up dreams.

People in your dreams often represent different parts of yourself &
    death in a dream can mean the death or change to a part of your personality or the end of a certain phase in your life. AD's maybe helping you, maybe your changing already with the help from your drugs.
  • Options
    TheOne wrote:
    almost every night i have such a wierd dream, some are really horrible.the other day i dreamt that a robber slit my throat with a knife!!i often dream that i die in an explosion or some kind of fire.not all my dreams involve people dying but they are seriously messed up?!!does taking AD make you have bad dreams or am i just messed up???

You mean anti-depressents?

I have had some very powerful dreams in the past, some of which have been when I've used drugs. Whether you want to take a spiritual approach to dreams or a psychological approach is up to you.... But as long as you remember dreams can't hurt you.

Do you find you can wake yourself up in the middle of your dreams?
  • Options
    Lucid dreaming do you mean MR?
  • Options
    yeah sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night, other times i dont and i cant remember what happened after them!i have been on AD's for about 8 months now but its only been in the last few months i've been having these bad dreams. i cant think whats triggered these dreams.
  • Options
    See ur doctor
    or a counsellor!
    too many people are put on antis without fixing the problem, its jus covered up or pushed further down.