Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Traffic Wardens

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
I parked my van last night in the multi storey next to Plymouth Travelodge but the machine would only dispense tickets up until 08:00 this morning. When I mentioned this at the Travelodge desk they told me not to worry, as they have a deal with the council which means lodge guest have up until 10:00.
So at 09:45 I was a little suprised (and pissed off) to find myself with a ticket for £60. I caught up with the little jobsworth who issued it and tried to explain the situation. The wanker wasn't intrested - apparently it's my problem now and I have to apeal.
I got a bit angry and started giving him a bit iof abuse only to find 2 women start having a go at me. Who in their right minds sticks up for a cunt like that?
:mad:
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i try to reverse over traffic wardens ...so far they have managed to dodge out the way.
  • Options
    I got a parking ticket because it was reeeally rainy, and I stuck my ticket on the inside of my window, and because it was a bit damp inside it must have fallen off and landed on the...little bit in front of your steering wheel, like if you had a disabled badge where you'd put that.

You could still clearly see it through the window but they still give me one :mad:

But I appealed and I didn't have to pay but it was still a hassle. Most traffic wardens are on a power trip. :|
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I parked my van last night in the multi storey next to Plymouth Travelodge but the machine would only dispense tickets up until 08:00 this morning. When I mentioned this at the Travelodge desk they told me not to worry, as they have a deal with the council which means lodge guest have up until 10:00.

i suggest talking to the travelodge who wrongly informed you it would be ok... get your £60 back of those f*ckers.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    So at 09:45 I was a little suprised (and pissed off) to find myself with a ticket for £60. I caught up with the little jobsworth who issued it and tried to explain the situation. The wanker wasn't intrested - apparently it's my problem now and I have to apeal.
    I got a bit angry and started giving him a bit iof abuse only to find 2 women start having a go at me. Who in their right minds sticks up for a cunt like that?
    :mad:

c.u.n.t.s the lot of them :mad:

eidted as i cant put htigns in the right place today :/
  • Options
    it's the traffic warden's job.

If it was poorly signed or, as you say, you were completely misinformed then you have some sort of case, but that doesn't mean that the traffic warden has to listen to you after the ticket's been placed.

It does suck, but so do a lot of things. I would be more angry with the travellodge than the warden.
  • Options
    It's the traffic warden's job and, for the record, traffic wardens are required by the local authorities to issue a set number of tickets per day. If a warden's "performance" drops below a certain standard, then he is sacked.

So be fair to this guy, he needs to give you that ticket to keep his job. The appeal will overturn it, but that doesn't matter. It's why wardens are such ccnts these days: if they're not, they lose their job.
  • Options
    i still think traffic wardens should be drowned at birth

ok, maybe not, but at least slapped with an extremely smelly fish!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    i suggest talking to the travelodge who wrongly informed you it would be ok... get your £60 back of those f*ckers.

Actually the staff at Travelodge were correct and I wasn't misinformed. They showed me a letter from the Council adressed to Travleodge which quite cleary stated the arrangment. They gave me a copy and I showed it to the little jobsworth who gave me the ticket, and his reponse was basically that he couldn't give a fuck and that it was my problem now.
    Kermit wrote:
    for the record, traffic wardens are required by the local authorities to issue a set number of tickets per day. If a warden's "performance" drops below a certain standard, then he is sacked.

That doesn't excuse him from doing his job properly and issuing tickets were they're not needed.
    I have a job to do aswell, so I really don't need the extra hassle of appealing against this ticket. Plus I think I had every right to go off on one at him when he was being so bloody ignorant.
    Weekender Offender