Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

GM Cocaine........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure if this has been posted up, but i spotted it in a broadsheet before x mas and just found thid tonite..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4076525.stm

what do others think?

WARNING!!!

Here in London, dealers are starting to mix crack into weed for the intention of getting young adults hooked. :(

REMEMBER!! If you get offered a joint, :confused: allways ask " Whats in it " If they laugth or smirk, then just say " Thanks, but NO thanks "

Comments

• Options
    The coca "trees" can stand over 2m tall (6ft 6in)

Among the coca plants judged to have been genetically enhanced is one variety which grows up to 2.7m (9ft) tall - double the usual size.

?????????????????????????????????????

there was no evidence that the plants had been genetically modified.

US embassy in Bogota said there was "no scientific proof" that transgenic coca had been developed,

Colombian scientists and US officials expressed doubts, claiming extra growth could be achieved using fertiliser.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Here in London, dealers are starting to mix crack into weed for the intention of getting young adults hooked. :(

REMEMBER!! If you get offered a joint, :confused: allways ask " Whats in it " If they laugth or smirk, then just say " Thanks, but NO thanks "

I have trouble believing that, it just doesn't make sense.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I have trouble believing that, it just doesn't make sense.
    i can imagine it on local levels.
    there is a serious glut of coke.
  • Options
    The coca "trees" can stand over 2m tall (6ft 6in)

Among the coca plants judged to have been genetically enhanced is one variety which grows up to 2.7m (9ft) tall - double the usual size.

?????????????????????????????????????

there was no evidence that the plants had been genetically modified.

US embassy in Bogota said there was "no scientific proof" that transgenic coca had been developed,

Colombian scientists and US officials expressed doubts, claiming extra growth could be achieved using fertiliser.
    having just read my own post ...this report sounds about as reliable as i heard it down the pub ...
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    i can imagine it on local levels.
    there is a serious glut of coke.

Surely they would notice?
    If they're mixing it to get people hooked without their knowledge how the hell are they going to know what they're hooked on?
    Does it make economic sense?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Surely they would notice?
    If they're mixing it to get people hooked without their knowledge how the hell are they going to know what they're hooked on?
    Does it make economic sense?
    i would imagine that if theres any truth in it ...just a wee sprinkle ...a few times and people thinking wow!
    then being told ...you can have the other with a wee bit of crack in it or more likely ...this is the only stuff i've got at the mo mate ...
    but ...i can't realy see it ...
  • Options
    notcrack3jk.jpg
  • Options
    I can't see it happening to be honest, I think Skive is right, even if someone smoked the splif and though wow! they wouldn't know it had coke in it so would probably refuse a sprinkling of coke in the next one.
  • Options

Nonsense.
  • Options
    Even a little amount of crack would cost a lot more than you could sell one spliff for and the difference would be really obvious in both effect and taste/smell.

As for coca trees, why would anyone want that? Everyone knows to get the best harvest you keep the bushes short and bushy, thus making more leaves. Why would you want it to grow up when it could be growing leaves?

You've got to also look at whose saying this, what have they to gain? Its widely known that crop eradication is completely pointless and ineffectual, but if the Colombians can come up with this it explains both how their erradication is working and production is going up.

Rubbish.
  • Options
    Hi Guys

It was reported in Mondays Daily Mirror that a worker in Ken Livingstones GLA ( Who formally advocated the legalisation of cannabis/weed ) has now changed his mind. The report of mixing Crack with weed was reported to them by a Youth Project here in N London. ( Sorry guys, i cant remember the name, but if i have the paper at home still, i'll print it up )

With regards to the poster who said that they'd know what was in it if they smoked a spliff, your so wrong!! People put Heroin into spliffs to start an addiction to unwary novices. Thats how young females can start to get into a Class A addiction.
  • Options
    I have heard some reports suggesting that low grade brown has been sold as a form of hash (powdered). Though I think its exceedingly rare.

Sadly enough most people who try heroin and crack know and want it.
  • Options
    With regards to the poster who said that they'd know what was in it if they smoked a spliff, your so wrong!! People put Heroin into spliffs to start an addiction to unwary novices. Thats how young females can start to get into a Class A addiction.

That's a myth. It may have happened once or twice, but it is not common.
  • Options
    I live in California and a while ago my friend bought some weed from the city, (San Fransisco) and it was laced with crack, some of my friends swear that there shit is laced everytime they smoke but pretty much everytime it's really just bomb ass weed or they havent smoked for a while.
  • Options
    >>>That's a myth. It may have happened once or twice, but it's not common<<<

No it's NOT common practice, but yes it does happen more than people realise, especially in area's up in and around Yorkshire as well as in parts of E London, as well as Subutex being mixed in with crack also!
  • Options
    John the hippie has just won the concerned parent of the year award, well done, i'm so happy for ya........has he fucked off yet! :D
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    John the hippie has just won the concerned parent of the year award, well done, i'm so happy for ya........has he fucked off yet! :D

:lol: youre fucking great.....
  • Options
    SOPH1A wrote:
    :lol: youre fucking great.....

:flirt: i do try my best to please.
  • Options
    Hi Guys

It was reported in Mondays Daily Mirror that a worker in Ken Livingstones GLA ( Who formally advocated the legalisation of cannabis/weed ) has now changed his mind. The report of mixing Crack with weed was reported to them by a Youth Project here in N London. ( Sorry guys, i cant remember the name, but if i have the paper at home still, i'll print it up )

your credibility as someone who refers people to treatment centres is going in the wrong direction right now ...
  • Options
    your so wrong!! People put Heroin into spliffs to start an addiction to unwary novices. Thats how young females can start to get into a Class A addiction.

i didn't know dealers sold spliffs, i thought it came in lumps, and if they don't sell it what dealer rolls joints with a customer and even worse gets away with putting heroin in spliffs, even more outrageous is the person smoking these heroin laced spliffs turning around and saying, thats good shit, anymore, then for the dealer to convieniently turn around to the young innocent smoker (female of course) and say, hey i've got some heroin, that could give you a similar buzz to that joint i've just sold you. bit outrageous, sorry for taking the piss by the way.
  • Options
    and i have never met anyone who hasn't thrown up the first time they smoke smack ...your cred is running about as high now as a daily telegraph reporters would be if they were writting an article about ...well anything realy.
    i am seriously begining to question your knowledge or lack of now ...regarding illegals.
    there is a BIG ...difference in the effec ...forget it.
  • Options
    >>>i've never met anyone who smoked.......<<<

Really, i'll meet up with you some time. I've chased once or twice whilst having a lick around the Kings X area in the early nineties. My workmate asked if i'd had chased/smoked brown before, and said no. He was also suprised that i didn't chuck up. He then pulled up my sleve to look for track marks, i.e ex-IVer or IV Vit C.(WHICH UNDER COVER USED TO DO ) Lol, they now smoke and inject, and get addcited themselves Lololololol.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hi John the Hippie, I was wondering if you could share your sources for the information you posted above? Cheers.
  • Options
    Send me a PM and i'll provide numbers for you
  • Options
    well, i've sent you some info, perhaps you'll give me feedback? ciao.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hi John, what I'm actually asking for, in line with board protocols, if for information to substantiate your claims, for everyone on the boards to read.
  • Options
    Hi,

If you phone the Mayors press office on 020-7-983-4170, and ask " what was mentioned at the safety conference at City Hall two weeks ago by Lee Jasper ", and/Or telephone the London Evening Standard on 020-7-938-7553 and speak to Karen Douglas. Dont forget to mention that your tax paying concerned members of the public!! :thumb:

ps, dont forget to mention that your a community youth worker in London also!!

Feedback will be appreciated!
  • Options
    Excuse my cynicism, but Lee Jasper and The Evening Standard are hardly known for their knowledge of drug issues.
  • Options
    did i ever say they was? Phone him up and ask him as to why he gave a press statement to the Standard on behalf of the Mayor of London saying that crack cocaine was being mixed in with herbal and being sold to young adults.
  • Options
    Probably because it sounds good as a soundbite in the media. He's a self-serving politician, what do you expect? You should have more sense than to repeat it as fact though.