Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Recurring sore throat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I've had a sore throat on and off for ages now, and it's really starting to bug me! The thing is I've occasionally mentioned it at the docs when I've been there for other things, and they've swabbed it and nothing came back. It's not like it's sore all the time, it's just really irritating. Most of the time I'm fine for most of the day, and then it'll be really sore in the evening, and really difficult to swallow, but then in the morning it's back to normal. I know it's not anything serious, just annoying! I do get these big white lumps collecting at the back of my throat quite often, but they don't seem to coincide with the pain most of the time, and I know they're not anything too dodgy cos that's what they swabbed.

Any ideas? Tates x

Comments

• Options
    Are you stressed/anxious when this happens?
  • Options
    Um, I'm definitely normally tired when it happens, not sure about stressed though. Maybe?
  • Options
    could it be your glands?

my glands pop up all the time, especially when i'm tired, and then after a good sleep they go down again. tis most odd. the ones in my throat generally behave but the ones in my armpits and groin will randomly swell, ache and throb a bit, then go down.
  • Options
    Could well be Kaffrin, hadn't thought of that. Is there anything you can do about that? (Apart from not get tired, obviously ;) )

Tates x
  • Options
    not being ill helps. so that's us two pretty much fooked :p

i don't really know. i don't think theres anything you can do, really. isn't gland swelling your body's way of trying to deal with illness/germs/stress?
  • Options
    Oh well, looks like I'll just have to grin and bear it....oh the joys of having a dodgy body ;) Just found something about swollen glands, saying they can be caused by inflammatory conditions (such as my arthritis), so wouldn't be suprising.

Tates x